: Bentley ends Arnage line with Final Series model

Luxury & Exotics
09-24-08, 10:53 PM
Full story and official press release (http://www.modifiedle.com/events/archives/event_095.html)

http://gallery.modifiedle.com/gallery2/main.php/d/133887-1/Arnage_Final.jpg

Bentley Arnage Final Series (http://gallery.modifiedle.com/gallery2/main.php/v/modifiedle-com/bentley_arnage_final_series/)

BENTLEY ARNAGE PRODUCTION TO END WITH SPECIAL “FINAL SERIES” MODEL

For ten years now the Arnage has been the four-door flagship over at Bentley, but it’s time is quickly coming to an end. To celebrate the end of an era, Bentley is building 150 “Final Series” models which will take the best of the Arnage T and R models, to deliver unprecedented luxury and performance. Bentley also plans to add a dash of excitement with some styling cues taken from the new Brooklands coupe.

Exterior styling will only be changed slightly with body colored headlamp bezels, blacked-out grilles, 10-inch wheels and dual exhaust pipes. The Final Series model will, however, feature a retractable “Flying B” ornament and will have plenty of “Final Series” badges.

Inside, the vehicle also remains mostly unchanged but receives some gimmicky touches, including a “Final Series” flask and shot glasses, as well as four umbrellas. Proving that even a car with as much old-world charm as an Arnage can also be technologically sophisticated, the Final Series will come with an iPod interface and an optional 1100 watt 10-speaker sound system.

The Arnage Final Series will make use of Bentley’s famous 6.75-liter twin-turbo V-8 engine, which in this vehicle will produce a reasonable 500 hp at 4200 rpm and an outrageous 738 ft-lbs of torque at just 3200 rpm! Mated to a six speed automatic ZF gearbox, this is enough motivation to launch the 5,700 lb sedan to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds, to 100 mph in 12.1 seconds and to a top seed of 179 mph.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-24-08, 11:00 PM
Saweet jebus that's a car!!! :eek:

I can't believe it's been 10 years....that car is timeless!

ryannel2003
09-24-08, 11:06 PM
Good. To be honest, I have never seen why people really love that car. It's no better than a damn Mercedes S-Class or Jaguar XJ IMHO.

Aron9000
09-24-08, 11:11 PM
Good. To be honest, I have never seen why people really love that car. It's no better than a damn Mercedes S-Class or Jaguar XJ IMHO.

I don't think you've ever seen one or sat inside one. It blows both of those cars away on the interior. Everything is hand made, stitched in leather, and chrome plated. Its very traditional, but its the same type of quality and craftsmanship you find on $50 million yatchs and private jets.

ryannel2003
09-24-08, 11:22 PM
I've sat inside a Bentley Continental GT, and it was ok. I wasn't drooling over it or anything, but it was pretty nice. I'm sure they're great cars, but just not for me.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
09-24-08, 11:31 PM
I don't think you've ever seen one or sat inside one. It blows both of those cars away on the interior. Everything is hand made, stitched in leather, and chrome plated. Its very traditional, but its the same type of quality and craftsmanship you find on $50 million yatchs and private jets.

I'm with you on that one. The fit and finish is far greater than any mass-produced car. It reminds me of the days before everything was plastic. Even Cadillacs from about 2000+ have "cheap" looking interiors compared to models only a few years older. Mid nineties ones had nice, chrome metal window/lock/seat controls. By 1998 they were all plastic and looked horrible. That Bently is a flashback to all that was once good about automotive interiors/fit and finish.

delerium75
09-24-08, 11:38 PM

That and it's the last of the fully English designed Bentleys...for some people, that means something.

gary88
09-25-08, 12:09 AM
I'm sure rappers will love having this. "Yo dawg I got dat final series".

Cliff8928
09-25-08, 02:37 AM
I've sat inside a Bentley Continental GT, and it was ok. I wasn't drooling over it or anything, but it was pretty nice. I'm sure they're great cars, but just not for me.

Continental GT is just another VAG car. This is the real deal, along with the Brooklands and Azure.

firstimecaddi
09-25-08, 12:20 PM
I'm sure rappers will love having this. "Yo dawg I got dat final series".

what was that?...was that supposed to be a put down.

Jesda
09-25-08, 01:12 PM
what was that?...was that supposed to be a put down.

Do you rap.

Playdrv4me
09-25-08, 01:43 PM
Do you rap.

:haha:

firstimecaddi
09-25-08, 01:57 PM
if you did not get his meaning...think about it some more.

Jesda
09-25-08, 02:16 PM
if you did not get his meaning...think about it some more.

I honestly don't understand.

"G$"
09-25-08, 03:38 PM
i was in kittery, maine yesterday across the bay from Portsmouth and i saw 2 bentley's parked one after another. One of them was a 2 door and it was ugly, the other one was suite and I loved it. I am pissed i didn't have my camera.

The Tony Show
09-25-08, 09:38 PM
Do you rap.

Jesda's commitment to humor even includes the intentional lack of a question mark.

That's quality, people. :thumbsup:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
09-25-08, 11:34 PM
i was in kittery, maine yesterday across the bay from Portsmouth and i saw 2 bentley's parked one after another. One of them was a 2 door and it was ugly, the other one was suite and I loved it. I am pissed i didn't have my camera.

There was a Bentley in the parking lot at work the other day. Who drives a Bentley to Wal-Mart?

Playdrv4me
09-26-08, 03:16 AM
There was a Bentley in the parking lot at work the other day. Who drives a Bentley to Wal-Mart?

The guy who's house just got foreclosed on... FAIL.

pimpin88
09-26-08, 01:19 PM
Exterior styling will only be changed slightly with body colored headlamp bezels, blacked-out grilles, 10-inch wheels and dual exhaust pipes

wtf, 10 inch wheels? :hmm:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-26-08, 01:27 PM
Whoa man! Nice to see you around here again! How are ya doin?

pimpin88
09-26-08, 01:34 PM
Whoa man! Nice to see you around here again! How are ya doin?

Hey Chad, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been away for a while over at the Impala SS and Buick forums, but I keep wandering back over here to lurk. Things are goin pretty well, how bout yourself?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-26-08, 01:37 PM
Oh things are fine...nothing much new to report on here. How's the old master of the roads?

pimpin88
09-26-08, 01:41 PM
Oh things are fine...nothing much new to report on here. How's the old master of the roads?

It's doing quite well, just rolled over 137k and no issues to report. I've got a cam for it waiting in the garage, and I'm still on the hunt for a t56 to replace my automatic. :burn: Although I need to decide whether to save my money for a '11 camaro (z28 if they come out with it) or put in the t56. Tough choice right now, lol. I saw the thread on your Benz, glad you're enjoying it.

AMGoff
09-26-08, 03:58 PM
wtf, 10 inch wheels? :hmm:

Just for clarification... they're 20-inchers.

One can't even remotely begin to compare the Continental GT to the Arnage.

The Arnage is a 110%, unequivocal Bentley... a three-ton, handcrafted palace on wheels with a massive engine built by men with monocles and stove-top hats that puts out so much power it'll not only get to 60 in just a tick over 5 seconds, but it will actually stop the earth from spinning.

The Continental GT is nothing but a warmed over Volkswagen - an overpriced rework of an already overpriced VW... and to think people still knock GM for platform engineering. The CGT is essentially a Phaeton, from which their D1 platform also shares a large percentage of components from the A/S8's D3 platform.

The GT was built for one reason and one reason only... to cover VW's bill for buying Bentley. Sure.. it may be a nice car - but it's no Bentley.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-26-08, 04:54 PM
Yeah, agreed it's not a real Bentley, but it's still a mighty impressive car in it's own right...and a lot sportier and more modern than the Arnage, not to mention a lot more personal and cozy. Rather like comparing a 1993 ETC to a 1992 Brougham D'Elegance.

Playdrv4me
09-26-08, 04:55 PM
The nice thing about that is I always think it's pretty freakin awesome that you can buy a Volkswagen Phaeton W12 for pennies these days, probably around 35k for a pristine example with some Maintenance and Warranty left, and basically have yourself 9/10ths of the Continental Flying Spur sedan.

Cadillacboy
09-26-08, 05:10 PM
She just needs a better grill lol

delerium75
09-26-08, 07:52 PM
Sure.. it may be a nice car - but it's no Bentley.

THank you, thank you, thank you for sharing my view of Bentley post VW/Audi. The recent ones don't even look british to my eyes...they look FWD with the puny little gap between the leading edge of the front door and the trailing edge of the wheel well. At least BMW/Rolls-Royce got the proportions right with the Phantom (though I still like the Silver Seraph more).

orconn
09-26-08, 08:15 PM
The last of British designed Rolls/Bentleys really were great furniture! But they were not truly great automobiles. Theirs was a case of modification trying to bolster an over the hill design and only approaching success through massive engineering bandaids ....... but that's what happens when a company can no longer afford R&D. Let's face it the cars were pretty ugly, only redeamed by massive amounts of care in the assembly and a lot hand rubbing of high quality if heavy and outdated materials. To me the really great last Bentleys were the Continental and Azure of the early nineties; they had their foibles but it is hard to fault the empression they made at a good horse show or polo match!