: Blank Nav screen

seanandniksts4
09-24-08, 07:13 PM
I went out to my car to play around with the bluetooth and set my phone as default and after i set it I turned the car off. I turn it back on and the Nav screen is blank, there is s radio station playing but I cannot change it or turn the volume up or down. I couldn't even get the cds or nav disc to eject, nothing! turned car off and on a few more times and nothing, i noticed after i turn the car off though there is a very low electrical buzz coming from the nav unit. I turned the car off and I pulled the fuse for the nav/radio(under pass seat) and restarted the car and the nav worked, but as soon as i turned car off and restarted it wouold not work again and is humming /buzzing gain, i didnt remove the fuse again because i figure either way it is going to the dealer tomorrow, anyone seen this before?

nort99
09-24-08, 07:22 PM
Can't help you out but I sure hope the dealer gets it taken care of.

AllWheelEric
09-24-08, 10:24 PM
I had my display lock up a couple times. If you have very old software, e.g, it is a 2005 car without any dealer-applied updates, then there may be a software fix for you. Mine seemed to do it when playing DVDs or DVD-audio, but I don't think that's the only part of the recipe to make it happen.

Without hearing the buzz you mentioned, it's hard to say, but it could be normal. The car always seems to be alive electronically.

ansky0007
09-25-08, 05:45 PM
Disconnect the positive battery terminal and wait a minute and re-connect. All will be good again. It has happened to mine 2 times and this solution has worked both times.