: No output from L/F door speaker and A-post tweeter

RealmCenter
09-24-08, 08:32 AM
Exactly as the title reads. I have an '01 DTS with nav and have zero output from those two speakers. All the other speakers work perfectly. This is the last little quirk I need to fix on her before she's perfect again. If I fade the speakers over to the left front I get absolutely nothing. I also have no warning chimes or beep for my reverse aid due to these speakers being out. I pulled the door skin and a-post just to make sure they were plugged in (ok). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there possibility of an amp problem, a connector unplugged somewhere? Any input would help! Thanks,
Darren

CadillacSTS42005
09-24-08, 09:50 AM
blown channel in the arm
or 2 blow speakers (unlikely)

RealmCenter
09-25-08, 11:53 AM
STS, Would you happen to have the part number for my amp? I'm going to order one off e-bay and want to make sure I get the correct one. Theftlock and vehicle specific module programming will not be an issue for the amp will it? I hope it's a plug and play gig. I do have access to a Tech 2 for programming at our Saab store, but I don't know if tech 2s work across the board or if it's brand specific, or if a Tech 2 can even be used for module programming. We use an IDS at Jag/Land Rover for that and it is by no means very "portable". LOL
Thanks,
Darren

CadillacSTS42005
09-25-08, 11:24 PM
before you throw money at it why dont you test it
connect another known good speaker to the "blown" channel
test to see if the amp has any output

RealmCenter
11-04-08, 02:44 PM
Ok, been busy with other things and stuff, that's why the long delay. Here's the story so far. I swapped the A-post tweeters from left to right (still no output on driver side). I removed the back seat and accessed the amp, I swapped out the amp with a test unit and still no L/F speakers. I removed the nav head unit and checked all connections. I pulled the lower a-post trim and accessed the door jumper harness connector and unplugged that to check for corrosion or loose pins (nothing unusual). I am now trying to think of other related symptoms and have come up with the warning chimes being inop (obviously) but I am wondering if the warning chimes are in line with the amp output, like say for example in the instrument pack, BCM or other module and if that leg of the system is out it may also be taking out the audio end? Also none of my steering wheel lights work (all the 2 amp mini fuses are good, as are all the rest of the fuses). Anyone have a wiring diagram for this or can point me in the next best direction? I am getting frustrated :dammit:
BTW, My ground strap broke from my alternator to chassis ground leaving me stranded. I was able to drive it to work using a POS jumper cable from the late 60's I found in the attic and replaced it with a Jaguar B+ starter cable I had laying around at the shop. I re-located it from the alternator to the upper unused bolt hole in the front cyl. head to the factory chassis location. Much better and easier to access location, and it looks like it left the factory like that too. Creative engineering, they wanted $30 for a new strap from the dealer, this cost me $0.00 :thumbsup:
Darren