: Hot Air coming from engine into car by bottom of vents? Help please...

durrk johnson
09-23-08, 01:16 PM
hey guys...

Well, Recently Ive noticed after getting my car worked on a few times that now HOT air is flowing from under my vents but i dont think its coming from the vents...

There is HOt air from my engine flowing into my car wear my legs usually are (while driving, esp. on freeway), its coming from the middle down there, and no, theres no heat or fans on....

What could be the problem???

jayoldschool
09-23-08, 05:49 PM
There is a vacuum line disconnected. The "blend door" regulates the hot/cold air by opening and closing the air that goes past the heater core. It is controlled by a diaphragm that is operated by a vacuum line. Get your head under your dash, and take out your glovebox liner (the black felty part) and start looking for vacuum lines disconnected. Check up on the intake manifold, too.

durrk johnson
09-24-08, 01:00 PM
Hey jay...

I took out the glove box and looked around back there... And I didnt see anything loose or unplugged... Everything looks brand new back there...

I went under the hood and found out that the vacuum hose behind my carb was unplugged!

That solved my cars sluggishness, but the hot air still comes through the floor ducts....

It only comes through as the car is in motion, So yes, its air from the engine...
Im not really sure what to do now?