: You have to see it to believe it...

Lord Cadillac
09-21-08, 08:31 PM
Here it is (http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486637)...

Discuss?

Brett
09-21-08, 08:45 PM
At some point maintaining a mess like that would become more of an effort then just cleaning it up

Ranger
09-21-08, 08:58 PM
There HAS to be something mentally wrong with that person.

Murphyg
09-21-08, 08:59 PM
The owner that was looking at the place commented on the smell. And Im sure it was atrocious.
Bu Im surprised that no one else in the (probably didnt have to be that near) vicinity had never complained.
Sure its some sort of mental disorder. The person is terrified to leave so has everything delivered ? But if so; Where is that person now ? Who came to get them ? Who was it that cared enough to get him/her to leave before the hurricane ? And if they cared that much, then how could they let him/her live that way.

Im guessing too many questions that dont really have a real logical answer to them.

Destroyer
09-21-08, 09:03 PM
As a landlord myself and growing up with a father landlord I gotta tell ya...........................I've seen worse!. How about that and shit smeared across walls, carpets saturated with urine?. Nasty?. Been there done that. Some people are just plain nasty beyond belief. The absolute worse I've seen?. Opened up an apartment after a month of not getting rent and because people were complaining of a bad smell. Open the door up and there is the renter.........93 year old, dead in his chair with flies all over him. I ran out and proceeded to puke my brains out. Ahhh, the joys of rental properties!.

ewill3rd
09-21-08, 09:17 PM
... um.... you mean your house isn't supposed to look like that??? :histeric:

Seriously though... that is rough, although I have seen close to that and I am sure there are worse.

dkozloski
09-21-08, 09:25 PM
Just down the street from me a rather notable state politician, a democrat, and his family lived in a rental house. When they moved out the landlord went in, took one look, called the local fire department, and had the place burned for training. The politicians family moved several blocks away and when they vacated that house the landlord attempted to clean it and gave up. It was torn down using heavy equipment and hauled to the landfill.

The moral to that story is, ask for references before renting out your house.

When I was in high school I worked in a custom machine shop. One time I was sent out to a very nice looking old house where a very wealthy old couple lived to see why their home water system wasn't working. I knocked on the door and the door was opened just far enough to where I could squeeze inside. The place was clean but it was full from floor to ceiling with tin cans that had been emptied, rinsed, both ends cut out, nested , and stacked. There were a few trails where you could navigate from room to room. The rest of the house was full of tin cans. Their domestic home water pump was located in a remote well house that was also filled with tin cans. Their garage had an old Model C Allis-Chalmers tractor and a million tin cans in it. The tin cans in the well house had blocked the heating system enough that the well pump had frozen and split. The old couple were very nice, polite, people and apparantly thought there was nothing odd about your house being full of tin cans. When I got back to the shop with the pump my boss laughed and laughed because he'd been there before and knew what I'd find.

An old lady that had lived as a recluse in Fairbanks in some valuable commercial, downtown, property eventually died. People who went into one of the buildings where she had lived found thousands and thousands of dollars worth of valuable antiques and furniture, and at least a million popsicle and sucker sticks.

Murphyg
09-21-08, 09:35 PM
In the forum that the link goes to someone asked "what is that on the bathroom floor ?"
When I was scrolling through the pics showing my wife, she had me stop and go back.
She took a really close look and couldnt figure it out. The best she figured was that they appeared to look like human remains.
Im sure if they were though, those that were there, would have been aware. But then again...........

The fact that they were walking around in there without some sort of protective gear on...Holly Crap !!
I always thought that anyone with half a brain, (and especially a landlord), would know that, coming upon a situation like that, The first thing to do is to call the department of health. Or some kind of government agency at the least.
As soon as you see from the front door. Not to mention as soon as you smell. You dont go in. God knows whats in there.
It could have been some booby trapped Meth Lab.

But stupidity begets stupidity I guess. The fact that it was the bookkeeper (LMAO) that entered the premises after continual attempts to contact the tenant and not the Sheriffs dept. The owner of the unit obviously doesnt have a clue as to what he is, and or should be doing.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-21-08, 09:42 PM
Do what my great uncle did and demolish the house with a bulldozer and torch the debris.

gary88
09-21-08, 10:00 PM
:ack::ack:

And I thought my old roommate was bad for not cleaning the sink

CTSV_Rob
09-21-08, 10:13 PM
Wow. Renters are a joy, glad I never had one that bad. I had one in a house of mine that had a dog (I allow pets but they are supposed to let me know and I "adjust" the rent and the deposit to recoup some of my loses). This one let the dog in the house and i'm sure it pooped and pee'ed all over the carpet. They tried to clean it when they left and well needless to say, the carpet had to be replaced. The funny part was she was complaining that she didn't get her deposit back! Some people are clueless, Poop and pee are NOT normal wear and tear!

I have never seen anything that bad (Thanks Sal) and I hope I never do again.

eyekandyboats.inc
09-21-08, 10:49 PM
hey SAL u own that website?

Lord Cadillac
09-22-08, 02:07 AM
Nope...

Playdrv4me
09-22-08, 04:27 AM
There's 'shrooms on the floor in the bathroom...

Rolex
09-22-08, 04:15 PM
Pull a burn permit and write the place off to the local fire dept for training. I've seen that done locally. I've only rented a property once, when I was in grad school. My tenants broke pretty much every rule in the rental contract. There were thousands of cigarette butts in the yard. They had the back yard full of beer cans, garbage, and old delapadated furniture. They ruined the front yard by parking their vehicles in it. And even though I highlighted NO PETS in the contract, the house smelled like a petting zoo and was full of shit and piss stains. I also had to replace the linoleum floor in the kitchen because their dog used it as a chew toy.

It took me 3 weeks and a couple grand to clean the place up and make it presentable. I listed the place and sold it after that.

urbanski
09-22-08, 05:04 PM

Nope...

he does not own 3 sites on the internet.

Red_October_7000
09-23-08, 02:03 AM
My great-grandfather was a landlord; he had many immigrants staying in the building he rented and he had to keep buying them wastepaper baskets because they had never seem flush toilets before and seemed to regard them as magical; they used them much like we would an Insinkerator and put chicken bones, etc. down them.

I also once briefly worked with a lady who had a lot of Oriental immigrants in her buildings, she went into one flat only to find the kitchen cabinets had all their doors undone and chicken wire put up in place; there were, naturally, chickens living in the cabinets. The dialog went something like this.
Landlord: "What is this!?! You can't have chickens in here!"
Tennant: "Me Likee Chicken!"
Landlord: "No, you don't understand, me Likee Chicken too, but no keepee chicken in flat!!!"
They were a bit strange, and used to eat their meals out in the hall, which was also prohibited.

Rolex
09-23-08, 02:45 PM
There's 'shrooms on the floor in the bathroom...

Looks to me like the tenant wiped their backside and piled the used TP in the floor. I suppose shrooms could grow there. :hide:

CTSV_Rob
09-23-08, 05:23 PM
:ack:

Lord Cadillac
09-23-08, 05:25 PM
he does not own 3 sites on the internet.
Google, Microsoft and Yahoo.. Oh and DriverSide. :p That's four.

dkozloski
09-23-08, 05:40 PM
My experience is that if you go in an apartment and there are clothes all over the floor and little else, the problem of the tenants is drugs.

BIG ERN
09-23-08, 06:41 PM
looks heavy meth users, take out, gallons of coffee, thousands of cigarette butts, and no self respect

Brett
09-23-08, 09:40 PM
and no self respect

all those Domino's pizza boxes give that away :)

MauiV
09-23-08, 10:23 PM
Makes me miss Whataburger and Taco Cabana :bancha:

Rolex
09-24-08, 05:24 PM
Yeah Dominoes pizza :ack:

CIWS
09-24-08, 05:59 PM
Well I see this is making it's way around the internet forums. :)

I've seen as bad or worse, several times. I worked as courtesy officer for an Apt complex for roughly 7 years. You'd be surprised how some people live day to day. We had nicknames for the more "notorious" ones.

The Trash lady

Catwoman

Mr. Alzheimer's

Suicide Drunk

Mr. Nasty (similar to above picks)

Plus the occasional suicide, death, or murder that wasn't discovered for anywhere from a couple of days to over a week later. It's the reason I own a gas mask. You couldn't enter or stay in the apartments without it. I still have pics from suicide drunk.

Rolex
09-24-08, 07:22 PM
Well I see this is making it's way around the internet forums. :)

I've seen as bad or worse, several times. I worked as courtesy officer for an Apt complex for roughly 7 years. You'd be surprised how some people live day to day. We had nicknames for the more "notorious" ones.

The Trash lady

Catwoman

Mr. Alzheimer's

Suicide Drunk

Mr. Nasty (similar to above picks)

Plus the occasional suicide, death, or murder that wasn't discovered for anywhere from a couple of days to over a week later. It's the reason I own a gas mask. You couldn't enter or stay in the apartments without it. I still have pics from suicide drunk.

Okay, the way I see it you're obligated to post the pics of suicide drunk now. Or email them to me and I'll host them and put them up.

:postpics:

dkozloski
09-24-08, 09:41 PM
When I was a little boy I used to go around with my Dad as he checked on the welfare of the oldtimers that lived in our town. One really old guy had a couple of sons that were also beyond middle age. I thought these guys were a little flakey because they appeared to sleep on black satin sheets. After a few visits I realized that the appearance of black satin was the result of all the dirt and grease ground into them to where the weave of the cloth was filled in and then polished sliding in and out of bed. It boggles the mind to contemplate how long this must have taken. Almost as long as it took to form the Grand Canyon. These guys operated a dairy farm and now I knew why my mom had warned me never to drink anything that had their name on it. By the time these guys finally all died their property had become some of the most valuable in town and is the present site of a couple of huge shopping centers featuring WalMart, Lowes, Home Depot, Holiday Inn, Marriott, Petco, Barnes & Noble and a dozen or more other stores.

CTSV_Rob
09-24-08, 09:54 PM
Okay, the way I see it you're obligated to post the pics of suicide drunk now. Or email them to me and I'll host them and put them up.

Your a sick one Rolex.

Red_October_7000
09-25-08, 12:00 AM
He's sick and I'm twisted. Let's see 'em. If they're too vile to show here, post a link with an obvious warning. Inquiring minds want to know.

CIWS
09-25-08, 02:29 PM

Here in the open forum ?

Rolex
09-25-08, 06:26 PM
Here in the open forum ?

If you have to ask then :thehand: :p

CIWS
09-26-08, 10:14 AM
If you have to ask then :thehand: :p

Here's what happened. The resident had lived there a while and was a bad alcoholic, only drank vodka straight from the bottle. I don't think I ever saw him sober. One night late he decides life sucks and he's going to commit suicide by shotgun in his bedroom. So he apparently holds the shotgun up and places it in the center of his chest. Now when he goes to do the deed, he either starts to chicken out at the last second or jerks the trigger when he pulls it, which results in the barrel going hard over and it ends up shooting him in the left shoulder area. This injury results in little bits of his flesh and meat being blown into his ceiling and on the walls in the bedroom. He then stumbles out of the bedroom by using his good arm to assist him along the wall and goes into the kitchen area to retrieve a bottle of vodka to have a drink, all the while bleeding all over the place. Then he walks out into the center of the living room and stands there for a minute deciding what he should do. Eventually he decided to go ahead and call 911 for some assistance. I get paged at 2:00ish am by the Dallas police to come back to the apartment. They explain what has taken place and asked me to lock the apartment up. I look in and see blood all over the place and close it up.
The resident is treated and then held by the hospital for evaluation resulting in his being gone for about three weeks. Upon his return he has roughly a month left on his lease and asks the management if they will allow him to transfer to another apartment. They inform him he will need to plan on moving at the end of his lease term, again a little over 4 weeks from that point. The day after he is supposed to be out the manager calls me and asks me if I would go and make sure he's actually gone. So I go back and end up entering the apartment, and when I get inside I discover he has indeed moved out. But all of the mess from the night he attempted suicide is still there. The blood drips and pools on the carpets, stains all over the kitchen, and the little pieces of his meat and blood are still splattered on the walls and hanging from the ceiling in his bedroom. The resident continued to live,eat,and sleep in the apartment for roughly 4 weeks with it like that. :eek:

The pictures I took are of the condition of the apartment as I found it that day.

The Tony Show
09-26-08, 01:11 PM
I have to see these pictures.

MauiV
09-26-08, 07:50 PM
Make it happen.

dkozloski
09-26-08, 08:26 PM
Alaska has about the highest suicide rate in the nation. Along with the successful attempts there are a lot of misses. The most common miss is when they try to shoot themselves in the head and merely blow both eyes out thereby making themselves wards of the state in perpetuity.

Several have shot themselves in the head with a nail gun without success.

Red_October_7000
09-27-08, 02:05 AM
Alaska has about the highest suicide rate in the nation. Along with the successful attempts there are a lot of misses. The most common miss is when they try to shoot themselves in the head and merely blow both eyes out thereby making themselves wards of the state in perpetuity.

Several have shot themselves in the head with a nail gun without success.

Oddly enough, nailgun to the head is not very likely to kill you. The brain is a very resilient thing and while you might end up giving yourself anything from a funny tic to a moderate disability, you actually stand a pretty good chance of living from a nailgun to the head, as your brain can withstand very small holes being made in it pretty well. All you're liable to do is cause yourself a lot of grief. If you decide to take yourself out, be sure to do it right, because as Frank Zappa said, "Nothin's worse than a suicide chump". It's true, too, I met one once, and even though he didn't do himself any outward injury, he found Jee-zus at the bottom of a lake. And the religion that a man finds on the bottom of a lake holding a rock is not the kind of religion anyone needs.