: Prospective Owner Arcane Q for 08-09 Owners

miked
09-21-08, 05:24 PM
I have a test drive scheduled this week, but am wondering if any 08-09 owners can tell me the answer to this somewhat arcane question.

In reviewing the manuals, it looks like there is an ABC preset mode in which you have seven lists A-G of presets, where each list has six stations. So, you have presets A1-A6, B1-B6, C1-C6, and so on.

Now, my question is, when you're in this mode, and at station A6 say, if you press the next preset button on the right side of the steering wheel, do you go back to A1, or do you advance to B1? Similarly, if you're at station B1, and press the previous preset button on the right side of the steering wheel, do you go back to B6, or do you go to A6.

In other words, what I'd like to know is when you use the steering wheel preset buttons, whether the STS see the preset lists A1-A6, B1-B6, C1-C6, etc., as one long preset list or not. If it's one long preset list, then you should be able to scroll through all 42 presets via the steering wheel preset buttons.

I'm an insatiable preset scanner, and need more than six presets (42 is a little overkill, but 12-15 would be nice, so I could just repeat them in the list).

Thank you in advance for you answer!! I have a test drive scheduled for Thursday, but am curious as to this answer . . . .

hazcaddy
09-21-08, 06:34 PM
I have an '07, and in that one the "1-6" button on the steering wheel cycles around the 6 stations you have up on the display (A through G). So after A6 you go back to A1.

You have to lean all the way over and push the little arrow on the screen to get to B etc. Or learn to put your most favorite 6 stations on the same band, and have a longer attention span...

nixonride
09-22-08, 03:36 PM
I think you can go into your preferences and change it so that you only have like ABC or ABCD so on so forth so that you dont have to set 42 presets you can make it 12,18,24,30,36 or 42. I know i can do that on my Denali I will have to check on the STS.

miked
09-23-08, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback! The dealer dropped the car off at our house for a 24-hour test drive, and it does work the way I wanted it to -- A6 goes to B1, etc. So I'm a happy camper!

Superjim
09-26-08, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback! The dealer dropped the car off at our house for a 24-hour test drive, and it does work the way I wanted it to -- A6 goes to B1, etc. So I'm a happy camper!

My 2006 DTS goes a1 thru A6 then back to A1.
The 2008 DTS goes A1 to A6 then to B1 and so on thru all the levels of presets.

They must have made achange in the way they work between '06 and '08.

Texas Jim