: please help replacing factory radio for 2005 sts

gotansts
09-21-08, 04:17 PM
im trying to remove my factory radio on a 2005 sts base ive seen it done but they have no wireharness or a dish kit what i was thinking is to keep the top of the radio and remove the cd player it seem there alot of room keeping it there i want to put a kenwood indash nav can anyone help there a guy who keep hes radio and put a indash under hes factroy radio i a cts look good i want to do the same because the radio has alot to do with the car thanks :cookoo:

smoothfou
09-22-08, 02:34 AM
the radio in the 05 sts is one piece, you cant just cut out the radio and keep the cd player (or vise versa). ive done it already, i have a kenwood 7 inch indash touchscreen. i checked to see and there doesnt seem to be any kits made for the 05 sts. i went to a friend of mine and he had to customize it, in order for it to fit and look good.

hope this helps!

gotansts
09-22-08, 03:48 PM
ok i will have to remove the whole unit how do u remove the unit is there clips on the dash and will have any issues with my car like onstar wont work because the radio dose alot in that car what do i need to do do i use the same amp or i have to bypass it and do u have the wire gram for this car thanks

moests
05-25-12, 05:44 PM
they have a kit thru schosce