: Sold my Diplomat Blue '92 d'Elegance.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-20-08, 03:48 AM
Well she's gone, left the driveway this evening. I remember when I bought her, thinking "this is the one" but it just wasn't. So the hunt begins again for the perfect Brougham.

She was perfect in just about every way, but I had to let her go. I thought I really liked Diplomat Blue, but I found I like lighter colors, like white, cream, etc. But white is the best on a Cadillac I think. When I looked at the blue, it just looked dirty all the time, and the features kinda disappeared into the deepness of the color. So my next Brougham is gonna be white, maybe baby blue if the right one comes along. But blue, just about limits interior color blue, and I might like to have red or maroon. We'll see.

As for the sunroof, it was great and flawless, but I never used it. I never wanted to open up the "perfect" environment the Brougham offers on the inside: cool and quiet. I like it quiet, no noise, wind, or weather. Besides, it's not like I can see out of the thing. And the sun would always beat down on my head. Sunroofs are okay in something like a FWD Coupe Deville or an Eldo, but not a stately luxury living room on wheels. Besides, I like my headroom. So the next Brougham should not have a sunroof, but I guess I won't decline a car for it, but I won't pay for it.

This one I had was a d'Elegance and it took some getting used to, but I did. The seats are kinda uncomfortable against your back at first, but whatever. It really doesn't matter to me except for the pleasing looks to the eye. But that comes with the added trouble of cleaning those buttoned areas, and Heaven forbid a button come undone; I don't think I could handle the discrepancy of the looks. But I do like the look of the script on the panels and glove box; it's very elegant. And I like that most.

And as for the motor, the 5.0 Chevy did a swell job of moving the car around. But it just didn't seem to have enough power to move someone quickly without shifting a bunch and cutting power. I like the way the 350 performs in trucks, etc. So it'd be great in a Brougham, I know. So that's a definite preference.

And I'm not saddened by the sale of this car. After all, I turned a decent profit. So having the car was worth at least that. I just need to find a keeper. The problem is, if I find a good enough deal, I'm tempted to resell for the profit. So it's gotta be just right.

You may see the new owner pop up here. You never know!
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x141/Shutterbug668/92cad/dElegance-0321.jpg

~Greg

96Fleetwood
09-20-08, 08:59 AM
Congrats on the sale. You should have bought my Brother's 1992 d'Elegance with the 5.7 liter. I remember you were bidding on it via eBay, that Cotollion white with the Red leather was sharp.

Goodluck on the hunt! :thumbsup:

My_favorite_Brougham
09-20-08, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I think back and wish I'd gotten that one.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-20-08, 03:51 PM
I dunno man, that thing was VERY nicely optioned, and clean as hell, especially taking into consideration the high mileage...

But, I can definitely understand the urge for the 350, and the desire to get out of a paint combination that doesn't suit you.

My_favorite_Brougham
09-20-08, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I liked it, and considered getting a paint job and the top redone. But I would hate to ruin original stuff. It may have turned out crappy, and ruined the car. Besides, I would have lost money, not made any. I'll get an original car, and let the blue one keeps its originality too.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-20-08, 06:58 PM
Yeah, whenever you change the paint of a car, it's like it loses it's "soul" and originality. Plus a good paint job is expensive as hell.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
09-21-08, 12:14 AM
Man, that is MY ultimate brougham right there. Diplomat Blue is amazing, IMO. Congrats on making the moves to get what really pleases you instead of settling for less.

Aron9000
09-21-08, 03:07 AM
Trust me, you'll love how the 350 V8 cars drive. They should've had the 350 standard IMO, the 305 is just plain weak and pathetic. You'll also be amazed at how much better the 350 cars handle. The suspension is a lot stiffer, but still rides nice. I think it handles better than my buddy's Crown Vic police interceptor.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-21-08, 02:04 PM
Yeah, you're right. The 350 should have been standard and the 454 should have been optional. :lildevil:

454 cubic inches in a big, sedate looking Cadillac Brougham. :sneaky: :cloud9:

Aron9000
09-22-08, 12:23 AM
Yeah, you're right. The 350 should have been standard and the 454 should have been optional. :lildevil:

454 cubic inches in a big, sedate looking Cadillac Brougham. :sneaky: :cloud9:

Nah, should've brought back the 500ci big-block Cadillac, with fuel injection and a healthy compression ratio. Realistically though, they should've offered the 350 with tpi. I think they were up to a 250hp rating for a 91 Corvette.