: 5 Caddy's now and losing my business potentially

jerseyvette
06-15-04, 11:36 PM
Our family has 6 caddy's now:
2 Fleetwoods
1 Deville
2 Sevilles (one STS and One SLS)

These are cars (except for the 99 STS that my brother drives) all have adequate room inside. Since the 1998 Seville and 2000 Deville came out GMs engineering have overlooked what has ALYWAYS been VERY important to us owners. They are REAR LEG AND HEAD ROOM and FRONT HEAD ROOM. My dad just bought a new LINCOLN TOWN CAR because he does not fit in ANY of Cadillac's luxury cars (tall driver). You just lost a lot of $$ because of engineering mistakes. We are not all 5' 8" drivers!!

GM has REALLY let me down and I am now forced to look at foreign cars for my next purchase...you drove me out of your customer base with your designs. (You did the same on the 2002-2004 corvette Z06 and Coupe..shrinked the headroom.).
Regretfully,
NJ Life Customer

mack1a
06-22-04, 02:28 AM
Have you really checked out the headroom in the 2001 and up Deville?

Devil_concours
06-22-04, 09:22 AM
Our family has 6 caddy's now:
2 Fleetwoods
1 Deville
2 Sevilles (one STS and One SLS)

These are cars (except for the 99 STS that my brother drives) all have adequate room inside. Since the 1998 Seville and 2000 Deville came out GMs engineering have overlooked what has ALYWAYS been VERY important to us owners. They are REAR LEG AND HEAD ROOM and FRONT HEAD ROOM. My dad just bought a new LINCOLN TOWN CAR because he does not fit in ANY of Cadillac's luxury cars (tall driver). You just lost a lot of $$ because of engineering mistakes. We are not all 5' 8" drivers!!

GM has REALLY let me down and I am now forced to look at foreign cars for my next purchase...you drove me out of your customer base with your designs. (You did the same on the 2002-2004 corvette Z06 and Coupe..shrinked the headroom.).
Regretfully,
NJ Life Customer
how tall are you exactly? wouldn't it be a waste to design cars for small percentage of people above certain height?

Brett
06-22-04, 01:15 PM
im about 6'10" and i fit horribly in a town car, i just rented one a few weeks ago and was extremely disappointed. 2000+ Deville is the way to go for tall people or if you go foreign the LS, S, or 7 all work as well

jerseyvette
06-22-04, 03:39 PM
im about 6'10" and i fit horribly in a town car, i just rented one a few weeks ago and was extremely disappointed. 2000+ Deville is the way to go for tall people or if you go foreign the LS, S, or 7 all work as wellI am almost 6'4" and have longer legs. Cadillac's are designed for men around 5'10" tall which is really sad. What makes it tough is that Mercedes with Chrysler are able to design a virtually perfect car with the new 300C. Headroom, power, legroom ,rear seat space, exterior looks etc are all excellent. I just always had a hope that GM and Cadillac would one day lead the world in making products people want. It's just sad that in 2004 a little country like Germany shows them up again, again and again. Now I'm stuck looking at cars in foreign car show rooms because GM turned their back on people like me. If any Daimler Chrysler execs are reading this I want tom say a sincere "Thank You" and congratulations on the cars you are introducing. I wish GM had your management team and design staff.

Spock
06-23-04, 03:14 AM
GM is coming out with a new line of cars, even bringing back a RWD v8 full size. Perhaps the caddys will benefit.

Devil_concours
06-24-04, 01:37 AM
I am almost 6'4" and have longer legs. Cadillac's are designed for men around 5'10" tall which is really sad. What makes it tough is that Mercedes with Chrysler are able to design a virtually perfect car with the new 300C. Headroom, power, legroom ,rear seat space, exterior looks etc are all excellent. I just always had a hope that GM and Cadillac would one day lead the world in making products people want. It's just sad that in 2004 a little country like Germany shows them up again, again and again. Now I'm stuck looking at cars in foreign car show rooms because GM turned their back on people like me. If any Daimler Chrysler execs are reading this I want tom say a sincere "Thank You" and congratulations on the cars you are introducing. I wish GM had your management team and design staff.
i'm not sure what the issue is but neither the old or new devilles aren't designed for 5'10" tall. I've driven in both and both fits me fine (6'2" 230lb)

Brett
06-24-04, 10:38 AM
Im with devil on this one, im a half foot taller than you and i bet quite a bit heavier, and i havent had any problems with fitting in a cadillac. i had a seville for 3 years. sounds like you might just have an axe to grind.

99Zee28
06-24-04, 06:04 PM
Regretfully,
NJ Life Customer
What are you talking about? 2002-2004 Vettes have less headroom than previous years? Are you on crack? Have you not noticed the C5 Vettes have been around since 97 with NO changes, including eliminating some head room! And if you're talking about a ZO6's flat rear window, that was done to reduce weight! You know that Huge rear window weighs a lot! By eliminating it they eliminated a lot of weight which in turn makes the car faster and handle better. Also, the headroom for a ZO6 and a Coupe are the same. I checked on Edmunds.com! :tisk:

Some people, I just don't get!

Later,
Dave

jerseyvette
06-24-04, 11:07 PM
the only Axes Grinding are my knees against the dash of the 2000 and newer Deville and 1998 and Newer Sevilles. I was having a flash back yesterday of the "good ole days" in the mid 80s when GM had the Eldorado with the Metal roof and the Iroc Z. These were two timeless cars with an incredible following and style.

Now look at what GM is making: Cars like the GTO with a style that looks like a modified 1995 Grand Am and CTS which is too small of a car in general with a lackluster overall appeal. The new Pontiac's ARE ALL WAY TO CRAMPED INSIDE. The XLR rules(because it is a rebodied VETTE) and so does the Escalade (for people that can put up with a truky ride). The SRX is average if not below average looking and the new STS looks "sigma-ish" which is not a compliment.

From a styling perspective now look at a car like tha 2005 Audi A8. It just looks like a CEO or board member just arrived when you see one. The length is long and wheels seem very large and low profile..just a great looking car (in my opinion)

The Cadillac 16 is an incredible car all around but I will bet the ranch that if it ever comes out it will look similar to a Chrysler 300C. (If it comes out I will eat my hat).:halo:

Here is my ideal Cadillac:
1) Rear Drive
2) A bit lower and wider stance than an AMG S500
3) Not so razor-sharp edges like the CTS.
4) Although modern I prefer a bit more of a Bently-ish aero but stodgey looking shape. The Bently Contintental GT really makes great use of this theme
5) Available 4 wheel drive
6) Stronger interior accents (like cigarette lighters, lighting, leather, shift knobs, AC vents etc). Just make the inside more rugged and strong.
7) Legroom a bit bigger in the rear than an S Class Mercedes.
8) Take Mercedes Que on the open drivers cockpit area. Lots of seat adjustments, a deep knee room area and multiple levels of top seat surface controls
9) Get away from making every interior look like that of a CTS! Get plush like Audi and Porsche. (Dash boards that match seat colors, various stiching combinations etc)

Hope this helps!:halo:

ben72227
06-26-04, 01:43 AM
the new STS looks "sigma-ish" which is not a compliment.
I have to agree with you here. Not only does it look like a Jumbo CTS, but i think GM really just over did the whole sigma-thing in the design of their cars. Instead of looking really cool and futuristic (which im guessing is what they were aiming for) it looks boxy. It just looks big and bulky and blocky almost. With curves of course. Not that its completely bad; its good that GM decided to change the look of Cadillac, but if they want to compete in the global market, they DO need to take some design cues from the European car makers.

jerseyvette
06-26-04, 01:51 PM
What are you talking about? 2002-2004 Vettes have less headroom than previous years? Are you on crack? Have you not noticed the C5 Vettes have been around since 97 with NO changes, including eliminating some head room! And if you're talking about a ZO6's flat rear window, that was done to reduce weight! You know that Huge rear window weighs a lot! By eliminating it they eliminated a lot of weight which in turn makes the car faster and handle better. Also, the headroom for a ZO6 and a Coupe are the same. I checked on Edmunds.com! :tisk:

Some people, I just don't get!

Later,
Dave
Dave, You are incorrect. I looked at a 2001 Vette as well as 2003 and 2004 (coupes, convertibles and Z06 models) at a dealership recently. There is a mechanism right in the center top around the rear window connection that comes out literally about 1/2 to 1" more than a 2001. This design flaw causes the 2002 and 2003 Z06 and Coupe to be too amall for me to fit. You must remember that GM does change a lot of small structural things each year that are not advertised and directly visible. I try to find out the names of the designers of the Chrysler 300C and send them over to Cadillac HR for recruitment. Sucks that Germans can design beter cars..even in 2004...
Regretfully,
Jerseyvette:banghead:

tenmark
06-28-04, 12:26 PM
I'm 6' tall and have no problems with headroom in the Z06. A friend of mine has owned two of them, a 2000 and more recently a 2004. Headroom wasn't an issue.

It also hasn't been an issue in my DTS either. I just never noticed. Now, as for headroom concerns, try driving a Jaguar XK8 or Vaden Plas. If you're looking for headroom issues, pick it with those cars. I guess european drivers are much much smaller.

Of course, if it bothers you too much, you could always get a Volkswagen Bug, plenty of headroom, top hat or not!!

Mark

jerseyvette
06-29-04, 12:01 AM
I'm 6' tall and have no problems with headroom in the Z06. A friend of mine has owned two of them, a 2000 and more recently a 2004. Headroom wasn't an issue.

It also hasn't been an issue in my DTS either. I just never noticed. Now, as for headroom concerns, try driving a Jaguar XK8 or Vaden Plas. If you're looking for headroom issues, pick it with those cars. I guess european drivers are much much smaller.

Of course, if it bothers you too much, you could always get a Volkswagen Bug, plenty of headroom, top hat or not!!

MarkEXACTLY MARK!! A VW bug DOES HAVE MORE FRONT CABIN ROOM THAN A 2000-2004 Deville and a 1998-2004 Seville. I have a lot of American pride and patriotism and it really MAKES ME MAD when some mechanical engieer in Detroit decides to make a car ideally suited for him (and he most likely stands 5'8" to 5'10'). Germans bust have bigger bodies and bigger brains because I fit in their cabins MUCH BETTER.

juiceE
06-29-04, 11:02 AM
im 6'4" and in my fleetwood, i have about 2'-1' of head room to spare, no matter how i sit

jerseyvette
06-30-04, 05:02 PM
im 6'4" and in my fleetwood, i have about 2'-1' of head room to spare, no matter how i sitLet's get it straight:
1993=1996 Fleetwood: No Headroom problem but the legroom and cabin room is crammed. so so design
1992-1997 Seville: Great Design. Excellent Leg and Headroom all around.
1993 Deville: Great Design and great room all around.

1998 Seville; Mechanically excellent and material build quality is GREAT. HOWEVER this was the point when cadillac started to ignore roominess. Front seats lack legroom and headroom and teh rear seats are just for show, absolutely no room. This was a design flaw.

2000 and Newer Deville: Overall the outside looks great. From the dimensions of the car (now think about this) the car looks to have been designed in this manner: Body then cram a cockpit inside of it. Outside is awesome but inside is also crammed. Lacks rear headroom, rear legroom and front legroom (especially right below the steering wheel- a verysmall area for such a large car.

2003-2004 CTS: A Small car. Still kicks teh tail off any BMW 3 series but still a small euro oriented car. NICE amounts of front knee room (big improvement) but back seats lack any legroom (which is OK to a degree).

SRX: Decent looking and outside of the box but again overall way to small in leg and backseat room.

GM EXECUTIVES: Please answer me on this. Who is the ideal passenger in size you are designing cars for? I would bet the ranch your average customer size (by design) is about 5'10". Take a lead from your German counterparts. Design cars from the PASSENGER out. Make the dash boards recessed and pushed up in under the windshield (like inside the Mercedes E 300). After the ideal cabin is designed then sculpt a low profile and wide car with all the great GM innovations standard (Stabili-track , magnetic ride etc). As I mentioned in previous posts take cars like Audi A8, Mercedes S Class and Bentley GT and model them in dimensions (exterior and interior). You could fita 7' baslketball player in a Bentley Continental GT 2 Door. Why does VW have the knowledge and market understanding that GM lacks? Is management at GM so far removed from the streets that they just don't care about cabin space? You should all read an older business book called "Bureaucrats to Barbarians" that disusses the downfall of Chrysler in thd 80s. The company almost went under because the management took an aristrocratic attitude and lost empathy for customers and workers. Either build cars that we fit in (6'4" people) or get out of the business

CaddyFan2004
06-30-04, 06:54 PM
I am almost 6'4" and have longer legs. Cadillac's are designed for men around 5'10" tall which is really sad. What makes it tough is that Mercedes with Chrysler are able to design a virtually perfect car with the new 300C. Headroom, power, legroom ,rear seat space, exterior looks etc are all excellent. I just always had a hope that GM and Cadillac would one day lead the world in making products people want. It's just sad that in 2004 a little country like Germany shows them up again, again and again. Now I'm stuck looking at cars in foreign car show rooms because GM turned their back on people like me. If any Daimler Chrysler execs are reading this I want tom say a sincere "Thank You" and congratulations on the cars you are introducing. I wish GM had your management team and design staff.
6'4" makes you 99.4 percentile for male height. While not everyone is 5'8 as you point out, everyone isn't 6'4" either.

The median height for a US male is 5' 8.5". If cars were designed around 99.4% 6'4" males, half the male population, and probably 3/4 of the female population would feel like they were driving around in cargo vans.

Bigger cars cost more money to build and sell, and get poorer fuel economy, which in turn probably turns off more people than designing them to fit less than .6% of the population.

Think about it.

jerseyvette
07-01-04, 02:29 PM
6'4" makes you 99.4 percentile for male height. While not everyone is 5'8 as you point out, everyone isn't 6'4" either.

The median height for a US male is 5' 8.5". If cars were designed around 99.4% 6'4" males, half the male population, and probably 3/4 of the female population would feel like they were driving around in cargo vans.

Bigger cars cost more money to build and sell, and get poorer fuel economy, which in turn probably turns off more people than designing them to fit less than .6% of the population.

Think about it.
Here is where you are WAY off:
1) Take a car like a Ford Expedition, Cadillac Escalade or a Lincoln Navigator: Soccer Mom;s LOVE these cars because they are positioned properly in the market. they look classy and have a lot of utilitarian features. It comes down to POSITIONING not PRICE.
2) Many Cars are VERY small but have excellent interior room. I just read an article a few months aro about a Kia having more leg room than a Cadillac, I think it was in Motor Trend or Road and Track magazine. Anyway it is a fact that small cars WITH THE PROPER ENGINEERING can be made roomy and functional.
3) In my opinion Cars like the 2000 and newer Deville were really designed from the outside in. The cabin is extremely crammed for a car of it's size and the dash (just as in the older Fleetwoods) is protruding into space that should be open and free for passengers to move around in. Why is this??? I just have no clue why a car would be designed so crammed. Could the engineers not design the electronics small enough? Are airbags too large to fit in a properley sized dash? Who knows?! Was the idea to make the front seat room small overall to give the illusion that the back seats have more legroom and the car is more spacious than it is? If you put a proper track(in front and rear adjustments) inside a Deville for example (like the ones in a S500 Mercedes) the front seat would literally be touching the front of the rear seat when all the way back. GM figured that this would not fly at a car show so they moved the tracks up and cut out some front leg room. In the "design the outside- then the inside" philosophy the rear room of the car also suffered, again everything was crammed down in size.

We'll unless things turn around people like me will not buy GM cars anymore. I really hope Management takes ques from their competitors.....:annoyed: It makes me sad to say this.

jerseyvette
07-01-04, 04:29 PM
GM builds smaller cars than Diamler look what happens:
GM, Ford Post Weak Sales. Obviously I am not alone in my feelings. Go Chrysler and keep making roomy cars!!

DaimlerChrysler Sales Gain
A WALL STREET JOURNAL ONLINE NEWS ROUNDUP
July 1, 2004 3:46 p.m.

General Motors (http://online.wsj.com/mds/companyresearch-quote.cgi?route=BOEH&template=company-research&ambiguous-purchase-template=company-research-symbol-ambiguity&profile-name=Portfolio1&profile-version=3.0&profile-type=Portfolio&profile-format-action=include&profile-read-action=skip-read&profile-write-action=skip-write&transform-value-quote-search=gm&transform-name-quote-search=nvp-set-p-sym&nvp-companion-p-type=djn&q-match=stem&section=quote&profile-end=Portfolio&p-headline=wsjie) Corp. reported a 15% drop in June sales amid weaker-than-expected sales of its cars and trucks. DaimlerChrysler (http://online.wsj.com/mds/companyresearch-quote.cgi?route=BOEH&template=company-research&ambiguous-purchase-template=company-research-symbol-ambiguity&profile-name=Portfolio1&profile-version=3.0&profile-type=Portfolio&profile-format-action=include&profile-read-action=skip-read&profile-write-action=skip-write&transform-value-quote-search=dcx&transform-name-quote-search=nvp-set-p-sym&nvp-companion-p-type=djn&q-match=stem&section=quote&profile-end=Portfolio&p-headline=wsjie) AG's U.S. vehicle sales rose 4.9% from a year ago, while Ford Motor (http://online.wsj.com/mds/companyresearch-quote.cgi?route=BOEH&template=company-research&ambiguous-purchase-template=company-research-symbol-ambiguity&profile-name=Portfolio1&profile-version=3.0&profile-type=Portfolio&profile-format-action=include&profile-read-action=skip-read&profile-write-action=skip-write&transform-value-quote-search=f&transform-name-quote-search=nvp-set-p-sym&nvp-companion-p-type=djn&q-match=stem&section=quote&profile-end=Portfolio&p-headline=wsjie) Co.'s sales fell 7.7%, hurt by sluggish sales of its passenger cars.

GM, of Detroit, said truck sales were 218,558, down 15%, and car sales were 161,709, also down 15%. Total sales through June were 2,295,621, up 1%. Truck sales through the first six months were 1,350,083, up 3% compared to year-ago levels, and car sales were 945,538, off 3%.

Devil_concours
07-02-04, 12:06 AM
i don't know what your issue is with gm but
1. Not everyone wants an oversized cars.
2. Devilles have plenty of room for me 6'2"
3. Size of the car didn't single handedly determine the sales result of the car manufacturer.

airbalancer
07-02-04, 08:06 AM
What we have here is a differnce of opinion! Boy I am smart today. :)
If find the 99 STS short in leg room.Head room is OK. Back seat room, who caresthe grandkids are small.
I am 6' 1", 240(down 30 seen Easter ) I have seat in a CTS and find it feels small to me, yet a friend rent on to go South Florida fro Toronto and he found it to be great.and he is about 50 lbs heavey then me.
So I guess if you can the seating just right, most cars should work.

jerseyvette
07-02-04, 09:53 AM
i don't know what your issue is with gm but
1. Not everyone wants an oversized cars.
2. Devilles have plenty of room for me 6'2"
3. Size of the car didn't single handedly determine the sales result of the car manufacturer.When you start selling cars that are sub-par to what the competition is making in overall usefullness and value sales slump and people walk away. IF you fit in a Deville that in great and god bless you!

I still don't fit in a Deville (2000 or newer), SRX, Rear of a CTS or a 1998 and newer Seville comfortably. But sit me an almost Daimler Chrysler Car and I fit. Why is this? Just more aware engineers that actually give a crap about their customers.

The truth hurts (GM and Us Customers).

Smokey
07-02-04, 04:28 PM
I guess my 2000 Deville is an oddball or custom built, because it is roomier than the 300C I drove last week. Now mind you, I am only 5'11" / 260lbs. Bottom line, drive what feels good to you and you can afford. For me, it's my 2000 Deville. As for the numbers, I posted them on another area of these forums .. the Deville beats the 300C on everyone interior number as far as room.

kippjones
07-09-04, 03:35 AM
6'4" in an SRX and love it. Sure could use more room in the back though.....:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Marc Kessler
07-12-04, 11:31 AM
I am 6'6" and fairly heavy. Right now I drive a 2000 Escalade. I have all the front legroom and head room I need . When I went to shop for a 2004 Escalade I couldn't get into it properly. There is no legroom and it takes major contortion for me to get my head past the door area. There is some failure here for a company to make a vehicle so much smaller than the previous model. This is the same for all of GM's trucks. Too bad. I checked out the new Ford 150 and it had plenty of legroom. I don't want a Ford Product but I may be forced into it.

Maybe the future redesign for the Escalade could restore the loss but I'm not holding my breath.:tisk:

jerseyvette
07-24-04, 01:25 AM
I am 6'6" and fairly heavy. Right now I drive a 2000 Escalade. I have all the front legroom and head room I need . When I went to shop for a 2004 Escalade I couldn't get into it properly. There is no legroom and it takes major contortion for me to get my head past the door area. There is some failure here for a company to make a vehicle so much smaller than the previous model. This is the same for all of GM's trucks. Too bad. I checked out the new Ford 150 and it had plenty of legroom. I don't want a Ford Product but I may be forced into it.

Maybe the future redesign for the Escalade could restore the loss but I'm not holding my breath.:tisk:

Mark, We share the same feelings in general about leg room in cadillac's as of late(except for the CTS front seat area). I think that the strategy for cadillac is to make a car that smaller global people will like and say "screw you" to people like us (who happen to be a bit taller or bigger than average). I call it being "designed out" of a car. I think your averag sized person would fit great in a cadillac (like a man 5' 8").

Johnz
08-03-04, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=jerseyvette]

SRX: Decent looking and outside of the box but again overall way to small in leg and backseat room.

The SRX has plenty of leg room 41 + inches front and back. The rear legroom is 6 inches bigger in the SRX (Largest of anything in it's class) than in the BMW. I'm 6' - 2" and fit fine in the SRX.

I must say I have a Passat and the front seat is very roomy but the rear seat leg room is very cramped, also in the 3 and 5 series BMW's. Even the front seat is cramped in the BMX's.

You know what they say about opinions...................

Johnz
08-03-04, 02:24 PM
6'4" in an SRX and love it. Sure could use more room in the back though.....:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

6'-2" and fit just fine. Great car.

Johnz
08-03-04, 02:26 PM
I still don't fit in a Deville (2000 or newer), SRX, Rear of a CTS or a 1998 and newer Seville comfortably. But sit me an almost Daimler Chrysler Car and I fit. Why is this? Just more aware engineers that actually give a crap about their customers.

The truth hurts (GM and Us Customers).

The SRX has the biggest front and rear legroom of any competitors in it's class. BMW, Lexus, Volvo, you name it.

lacmang
08-16-04, 12:09 PM
Devilles have plenty of room for tall people. I don't know where the one guy got the idea that 93-96 fleetwoods have crammed space? thats ridiculous. It has more room than any other car made in the last 20 years. I have a friend who is 6'5 and can stretch his legs out in the back.

zete
09-09-04, 11:33 PM
This is just a weird thread. I'm 6'3" (235 lbs) and have no problem and lots of leg room, and the seat isn't all the way back -- almost, but not all the way.

My cousins are 6'5" (200 lbs) and 6'6" (205 lbs) and they both can't believe the room in the car. They also love driving it just for how it feels.

So, unless you're all legs I can't see how you can't fit.

Now, the rear seats are tight and I wish it had a tad more room which is why I'm thinking of trading the CTS in for an SRX.

NIK
09-10-04, 12:43 PM
And, in my opinion, the Chrysler 300C's are butt ugly!!

scurling
09-22-04, 04:50 PM
I think a lot of you guys have the front seat adjustment stuck with the seat all the way forward and as high as it will travel.
I know someone has been reading some mag with a comment like: 9) Get away from making every interior look like that of a CTS! Get plush like Audi and Porsche. (Dash boards that match seat colors, various stiching combinations etc)

I lived in German for a numner of years, and owned or drove a little bit of everything. There is NOTHING plush about any European car built today (or the last 20 years), especially a German car. Maybe if you put lambskin seat covers on the seats. Yes, that will make the interior plush!

ral1960
01-24-05, 04:14 PM
I'm 6'2" (150lbs -nyatt!), but tall in the trunk, so the fixed headrests on the XLR and Corvette (and most all Japanese cars I've tried) hit me at the base of the neck and I do mean hit, not fit. The metal edge of the targa on the last Corvette I tried banged into my head. Back seat headroom is tight in every sedan I've looked at in the last 10 years. We shouldn't have to buy a huge SUV or minivan to fit 4 tall people and their luggage. Ford may have reached this market with the 500, I haven't tried it yet. God help me if I have to buy a FORD!

Sandy
01-24-05, 10:32 PM
He should get a SRT-8 300C. $40,000 with everything Incl. Moonroof. Lots of room. Nice car. 425 HP too.

TCSisOFF
05-03-05, 04:36 PM
how tall are you exactly? wouldn't it be a waste to design cars for small percentage of people above certain height?

Well it didn't seem to be an issue until 1998, right?
I don't think the overall population is shrinking. But I do think that GM is desperately trying to salvage their horrible gas mileage by cutting every corner they can.

I'm ready to burn my CTShit and get a TL.

CaddyFan2004
05-08-05, 08:44 PM
Well it didn't seem to be an issue until 1998, right?
I don't think the overall population is shrinking. But I do think that GM is desperately trying to salvage their horrible gas mileage by cutting every corner they can.

I'm ready to burn my CTShit and get a TL.

Keep in mind the TL requires premium fuel, which will probably cost you more in the long run than the 2 mpg difference in fuel economy between the 2 cars...

cadillacchris
05-19-05, 03:53 PM
6'0" 280 lbs and I fit in a CTS of course there is more room in a STS or Deville, but for arguments sake, if I fit in a CTS what's your problem?

PAULSTSMAN1
03-26-06, 07:01 PM
To Whom it may concern:

Luckily I sold all my GM stock some years ago! It's true my 98 STS has a great dashboard, interior, sound system BOSE, ride and engine. The back seat is for midgets! Luckily for me it doesn't get much use.

If GM wants family types to buy Cadillac, they have to make cars that can hold a Family! Fuel economy, can be accomplished by gearing and technology. A few days ago I did ride in a friends new Chrysler 300, it will hold an army! And with the Hemi, it blows the doors off my STS, all at $30000 cheaper than what is now being sold.

Northstar333
05-24-06, 03:36 AM
This guy is crazy!! I'm 6'3" and I have tons of room in a 2005 Deville with the sunroof.