: I think my next Cadillac will be an STS, but...

skippydts
09-19-08, 09:48 AM
I think my next Cadillac will be an STS, but...Are those things in the hood the Windshield washer sprayers? Why would they do that? It cheapens the look. makes it look like a toyota hood. When I look out over my hood, I don't want to see those. That's a bummer...:bigroll: Is it just me?

BaTu
09-19-08, 10:08 AM
I think my next Cadillac will be an STS, but...Are those things in the hood the Windshield washer sprayers? Why would they do that? It cheapens the look. makes it look like a toyota hood. When I look out over my hood, I don't want to see those. That's a bummer...:bigroll: Is it just me?

Oh, you're so, absolutely Right on this!

I SO REGRET buying my STS for just that reason :(

I'll tell ya what's worst, have you checked out the color of the tach needle? It's just got WAY TOO much Orange in it. I HAVE to have more Red in my needles.

I can see we Really know what to look for when deciding on a "proper" car purchase. We're kind of "peas in a pod" aren't we?? ;)

Well, maybe I'll see you in the Aroma Therapy Class and we can talk more......

c5 rv
09-19-08, 10:38 AM
...Are those things in the hood the Windshield washer sprayers?

What's worse is that after you use them, they leave little drops of washer fluid on your freshly Zainoed hood. That's what bugs me. Yes, I'm anal.

cooncat
09-19-08, 10:47 AM
The wiper sprayers on my 2001 Monte Carlo I had were on the wipers themselves. I thought that was pretty neat.

C&C
09-19-08, 11:02 AM
Man, you guys are brutal, absolutely correct......................but brutal.........:devilheh:

MARKVIII
09-19-08, 11:58 AM
well i almost didn't buy the car because the drivers seat had more perforated holes in it then the drivers seat. (yes i counted!) how dare they.

skippydts
09-19-08, 03:19 PM
well i almost didn't buy the car because the drivers seat had more perforated holes in it then the drivers seat. (yes i counted!) how dare they.

I read this twice....I think you typoed!

OK, ok, I see a lot of sarchasm....At least make them body color for goodness sake... I guess I will buy a black one, then they will match the paint...:thumbsup:

lreddiablo
09-19-08, 04:16 PM
Ya, I got a black STS, dont really notice them, but my last 2 gm cars, an Olds and a Pontiac both had the sprays coming from the wiper arm, wtf? why not for a higher end car?

blunted
09-19-08, 04:59 PM
My Eldorado has it on the wiper arm.. I notice the STS gives more of a even mist on the windshield as opposed to the arm where it squirts its all out in one area until it starts moving. Either way, if it's bothering you that much you really aren't enjoying your STS enough. Go light up your tires with that V8 or take some fast twisties.. i'd hope that would get it off your mind!

BaTu
09-19-08, 07:19 PM
OK, ok, I see a lot of sarcasm....

You're a good sport :thumbsup:

As for the "on-wiper" washers, I don't think they work nearly as well either.

hazcaddy
09-19-08, 07:29 PM
The only car I had which had those on-wiper sprays was a 1970 Pontiac Tempest. The idea must have been invented by someone living in Texas or Florida, because here in Ontario, with the water line staying charged, it froze solid no matter how much anti-freeze solution you had in the reservoir.

You didn't dare switch on your wipers if the windshield was dirty, because you knew 2 seconds later you'd try to feel for the side of the road so you could clear the shield-o'-mud from in front of your face...

Northern SRX
09-19-08, 08:06 PM
I read this twice....I think you typoed!

OK, ok, I see a lot of sarchasm....At least make them body color for goodness sake... I guess I will buy a black one, then they will match the paint...:thumbsup:

full points for taking a ribbing so well!

cooncat
09-19-08, 09:12 PM
Northern,

no matter where the sprayers are, you are going to love the STS. They are great cars. I absolutely love mine. Mine is the very rare stealth gray with black leather.

ol'albert
09-19-08, 09:16 PM
I can only agree. I had to change half my wardrobe because of the clash with the tack needle colour.

ol'albert
09-19-08, 09:24 PM
While you guys are having so much fun with the WW's, I recount that I stopped to offer help to a young woman standing outside her car in the rain yesterday, and she said she didn't need help, she just had to get to a service station because "the window thingers stopped working". I thought that was funny of course, but on later thought I realized that she did a pretty good description there. She didn't know the right words but she made her meaning crystal clear.