: condensation in headlamp

mkohler
09-18-08, 08:36 PM
hey all i have an 05 sts and the drivers sideheadlamp has condensation forming in it. i tried to look at it to see if i can fix er up but it looks like i would have to remove the bumper cover. im a tattoo artist and not a mechanic so it seems to be a bit out of my range as far as repairs. now am i looking at itwrong or is that the way to go... and is it an easy fix or do i nee to replace it? also if thee are anytechs in the baltimore, md area willing to trade work to fix it for a tattoo, i would happily trade. i been a successfull tattoo artist for over 9 years and work in a well establish and respected shop in the area. any help please, thanks mike:thumbsup:

dkozloski
09-19-08, 09:23 AM
Condensation forms in rainy weather and clears up on its own when the rainy spell stops.

mkohler
09-19-08, 01:04 PM
its been sunny and hot here

dkozloski
09-19-08, 04:03 PM
The interior of the headlamp is vented through some small holes. Maybe they are plugged.

mkohler
09-20-08, 12:11 PM
where are they located and how do i get to them? thanks for the info

jono6406
09-20-08, 03:22 PM
Is you Caddy still under warranty? If so bring it back to the dealer, if not I would purchase a new one and have an autobody shop install it.

Jono

dkozloski
09-20-08, 04:13 PM
There is a factory TSB regarding condensation in the lights. It has a schedule of degrees of water collection and whether or not the housing will be replaced under warranty.

themightymezzo
09-25-08, 12:13 PM
I had this problem. I'm still under warranty. I took it in they fixed the driver side...they also did a test on the passenger side (one which I hadn't noticed condensation on) and said that one was bad as well so they even fixed that one.

I paid $0.00.