: 98 sts aftermarket radio

JE_C
09-18-08, 08:08 PM
I have a 1998 sts with the Bose, system im going to put a whole new system in, alpine double din, JL Audio xr650 csi all around JL 300/4, 2 W6's, to a JL 500/1. I know I have to rewire the whole thing my question is where would be a good place get the power, ground and memory from for the radio, also will I be able to use the steering wheel controls, and what features from the car will i loose. if you guys need more info just let me know. thanks in advance.

JE_C
09-20-08, 10:23 PM
anybody?

CadillacSTS42005
09-20-08, 10:40 PM
my advice
if your not HIGHLY experienced...
get someone who knows what they are doing to do it...

CadillacSTS42005
09-20-08, 10:45 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/136160-desperate-fix-toledo.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/141249-lawyers-useless-need-radio-fixed.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/145082-cadillacsts2003-rocks.html

thaghost87
09-22-08, 08:46 AM
I agree with caddi 03, if you dont know then get someone that does to help you. Caddi's are complicated, but are easy once you learn them. If your battery is under the rear seat then wiring wont be too difficult. im not sure what year they started putting the batteries under the rear seat. i have an 00' and mines is. You would be able to run your power cable to the bat. there, and you can ground on a seat belt bolt. as for the steering controls i believe you have to buy an adapter for that to work, not sure how it hooks up, never did one before. Everything ur installing is pretty good stuff, friend of mines has one w6 and it kicks hard! and remeber to give ur speaker the appropriate power, if you under power them then you wont get your money worth, and if you over power then you can damage the speaker and waste your money.

JE_C
09-22-08, 03:33 PM
i have connected numerous sound systems but this is my first with BOSE, and on a caddi. CadillacSTS2003, on the second link that you gave me from what i understood i can get the constant from the battery the ground shouldn't be a problem, but the power wire from the RAP? wouldn't that drain my battery?

still_walkin
09-23-08, 11:43 PM
I agree caddies are a pain if u don't kno what you are doing take it to the shop but do your homework on the shop. What I would do in your car is splice the factory ground/igntion/antenna/power wire and when it comes to the factory speaker wires run new ones. As for the amp run a power wire to the battery (fuse it) and the remote wire that comes with the amp kit goes to the antenna wire so your amp goes off when your car or radio is off. And the ground for the amp the biggest piece of metal you can find. I use the wheel well in the trunk . Make sure the metal is clean from dirt and paint when you mount the wire. Other than that you should be good

JE_C
10-01-08, 06:49 PM
after doing more searching I found out I can use the gmrc-03, but from what I understood I have to wire the yellow wire from the deck directly to the battery, right.

welshlad
07-14-09, 08:25 PM
i found a RAP source in my 96 caddy, as the windows retain power after the ignition is off. its a main power wire to the switches in the drivers window switches. not sure which one it is on the newer caddys. if you have a rear window lockout switch, mine shuts off the deck when you turn off the rear windwos. minor side effect.