: reflash tranny or no?

seanandniksts4
09-18-08, 05:25 PM
I dropped my 06 sts4 v-6 off today at the dealer to get a "service abs" and "check stability control" light fixed, figured i'd also get a few other things done while it is there, i am not crazy about the way the tranny is shifting, but the problem doesn't seem to be as pronounced as others who have had their tranny tcm reflashed with new software but figured it couldnt hurt to get it updated right? also there is a rattle when going over a series of small bumps, there is a tsb for this, which i informed dealer about, and i get the musty smell when the a/c first comes on so told him about that too. Says it will be done by tomorrow, they gave me an 08 dts for a rental and they said they do not want to pay for it over the weekend so it will get done quickly, lets hope it is righ tthough, I'll let you know. P.S. the DTS is a beast, turn off the traction and watch out!

porkfarm
09-19-08, 10:07 AM
I had the TCM flashed in my 05 STS RWD V8 last week. I like the shifts better now. No more low speed bucking. I also started using 4th gear for around town traffic vs the standard D setting.

Angus Young
09-19-08, 09:51 PM
Did you have it reflashed under warrenty? if not what did they charge you?

jono6406
09-20-08, 03:16 PM
If you are calling the transmission reprogram "relashing" then I had mine reflashed this past week at the dealer.When i turned corners and drove at about 30 - 40 mph my car would sort of buck or hesistate and the traction control light would come on.All I can say is that it doesn't do that anymore and it rides alot better. The service air bag light came on which was the reason I took it back.Anyway they had to replace the drivers seat belt pretensioner.It was all one under warranty.

Jono

seanandniksts4
09-20-08, 09:21 PM
got my car back yesterday, the tranny has the newest updates already, it wasn't bad, but if there was a new update out there i wanted it. My light problems were a bad wheel sensor, they sprayed something in the a/c and ran it without compressor for a while and the rattling is a bad strut in the front which they will replace this week, says they have to order a strut, come on, a dealer doesn't have a strut in stock? they just didnt want to pay for my rental over the weekend and couldn't get everything done in a day.

smoothfou
09-20-08, 11:34 PM
where was the rattle? i have a rattle in my steering wheel by the speedometer that seems to only happen when its bumpy. any info would greatly be appreciated.

jono6406
09-21-08, 10:09 AM
It took the dealer 2 days to fix my seatbelt pretensioner due to them not having one in stock!!! ( under warranty, didn't have to pay for rental.)
Jono

rb92gt
09-22-08, 09:58 AM
Huh, interesting. After I had my tranny reprogrammed, I had a SERVICE AIRBAG light as well, had to go back to dealer.