: 94 lt1 fuel/starting issue...

gdorell
09-17-08, 05:43 PM
hopefully you guys can help me out. im having several issues with this car, starting and it cutting out. i can get it to crank only by bypassing the antitheft relay. but the relay is good. with it jumped, the car will start, idle for a sec or two then die. at the fuel relay the fuel signal from the comp. holds 12v only for a few seconds then drops and hold at 0.1v.

any thoughts?

jey
09-17-08, 06:12 PM
I think that is exactly the behaviour of the passkey/antitheft system - it will shut off your fuel pump signal after running for a second or two.

gdorell
09-17-08, 06:19 PM
thats what i was thinking. so i bypassed that wire, constant power to the relay/pump. but engine still dies.

i just tested antitheft relay and module circiuts.....module puts out all appropriate signals except to the relay

jayoldschool
09-17-08, 07:00 PM
Any chance of reprogramming the PCM to remove the VATS function?

gdorell
09-17-08, 07:08 PM
Any chance of reprogramming the PCM to remove the VATS function?

thats what i was wondering...or some way to rewire it to bypass the vats

firstimecaddi
09-21-08, 02:28 PM
if VATS is indeed your problem, then to override it would be pretty simple. The process involves measuring the resistance of the pellet in the key, then jumping the wire in the steering column with this same resistance. You can either google or search these forums "BYPASS VATS" for a how to.