: Test drove a Volkswagen Passat W8

BeelzeBob
01-19-03, 12:14 PM
Just to let everyone know - I figured I'd post this up. My girlfriend works for Volkswagen and drives a v6 '99 Passat.. The car handles so well that I thought I'd try the new W8 to compare it to Cadillacs.. While it has very nice power, it doesn't compare to the STS or ETC (cars I've driven). However, handling is an entirely different story. Again, another German car that handles very, very well.. Very little bodyroll.. Very firm.. The '01 Jetta (base model) is garbage times ten.. But Volkswagen's flagship model, the Passat, is really nice...

Oh, another thing I should mention.. Features and comfort.. The Passat is hard - just like most German cars I've been in. The seats are hard and they mention in the catalog that this is to keep you awake.. Hmm? The car lacks features, as well.. Overall, the only thing I liked better about the Passat is the suspension.. Otherwise, there's just no comparison...

Devil_concours
01-19-03, 12:37 PM
maybe we really need to go down to the caddie dealer and check out the magna ride to see if that helps any

elwesso
01-19-03, 10:18 PM
hey sal thanks for moving my post to a new thread, i dont like making new threads if i dont have to

BeelzeBob
01-20-03, 02:06 AM
No problem.. But why not? New threads usually have a title that gets more attention. Anyone interested in your Saturn test drive would have never thought to look in the Volkswagen thread. :p

Maximln
01-20-03, 10:58 PM
Sal-Have you driven a current model STS? It takes curves great! I'll take 50mph curves at 90mph with no problem. The car handles incredibly. I don't think the VW can compare once you add the CVRSS (or now Magna-Ride), Stabilitrack, and Traction Control. i guess i am a little biased. . .

Max

Devil_concours
01-20-03, 11:01 PM
it's that nice huh?
Maybe i should visit a cad dealer soon to test drive.

BeelzeBob
01-21-03, 06:24 PM
I need to get a test drive then.. If the STS handles anything like the Passat, I'll be real happy... Thanks for the input!