: escalade and sts navdisc

WorkinWoodWheel.TX
09-17-08, 11:41 AM
Does the escalade use the same updated disc as the STS? Does anyone know if you are able to burn it?

jono6406
09-17-08, 12:15 PM
For the 1st question....No, according to GM NAV DICS the disc for the STS, Corvette, Grand Pre and the Saab 9-5 are for those cars only and the answer to you 2nd question is yes it can be ripped but only with the right equipment which the average on-liner doesn't posess.
Jono

WorkinWoodWheel.TX
09-17-08, 04:52 PM
thats no fun! can someone please burn me a copy of the new version? message me on yahoo or aim. ill pay you for it! Please please please!

MARKVIII
09-17-08, 07:06 PM
same here ... i would be willing to pay someone for the trouble of burning me a newer version of the gps dvd for my sts..

Angus Young
09-17-08, 10:20 PM
Count me in I'm still on ver 1, by the way what is the latest version for the 05 STS? What is it refered to? VER 4? or a part number?
Also does anyone know what lockpick is needed for the 05 STS Nav system? The extreme or Gen 5?
thanxx
XM ch 53!!

Cliff8928
09-18-08, 03:57 AM
For the 1st question....No, according to GM NAV DICS the disc for the STS, Corvette, Grand Pre and the Saab 9-5 are for those cars only and the answer to you 2nd question is yes it can be ripped but only with the right equipment which the average on-liner doesn't posess.
Jono

It was no problem for me to make a backup of my '08 nav disc for the GMT800 TNR (like the older escalade) nav unit.

WorkinWoodWheel.TX
09-18-08, 12:20 PM
I just dont get why you would have to pay for it. I mean we pay the extra money to have the navigation system. Its retarded how you have to pay an extra $200 a year to have it updated. Before I believe it was $500 a year. I could be wrong. Thats more expensive than one of those Garmin GPS systems. I bought my girlfriend a Garmin for like $300. It works great and you dont have to pay for anything ever again. And we have to pay $200 for a disc!!!! A lil disc that they could just give us! Just give it to us! Its a lil disc that probably takes like $1 to make. Its just updating your streets right? not like you are getting a whole new system. I just dont wanna get lost cause I dont know what streets I'm on. Thats the whole point of navigation. TO NOT GET LOST!

I know complaining on here doesnt really make a difference. Just wanted to let that out. Thanks for listening people!

MARKVIII
09-18-08, 01:28 PM
could not agree more.

Cliff8928
09-18-08, 01:43 PM
I bought my girlfriend a Garmin for like $300. It works great and you dont have to pay for anything ever again.

Really. They give free map updates? I have a Magellan and they charge at least $100 if i remember correctly.