: Quality of Auto Parts

mattakat
06-15-04, 04:21 PM
Ok - i need to buy an ISC motor for my 93 Eldorado, searching the internet (and calling the local stores) i find that Napa has one for $119, Checker for $111, and AutoZone for $60.

How can this be? :bonkers:

I recently just replace my front wheel bearing hub assemblies, the dealer had them for $225 (with discount), Checker for $229 and i just checked AutoZone who has them listed at $169 (or there abouts).

Again, how can AutoZone have such a price difference? Is the quality of parts so different? Does anyone have a preference as who they buy their parts from?

Dead Sled
06-15-04, 07:40 PM
Is the quality of parts so different? Does anyone have a preference as who they buy their parts from?

YES

Advance Auto

DaveSmed
06-15-04, 11:43 PM
Well, it used to be ABC Auto (http://www.abcdiscountauto.com/) but AutoZone bought them out. How is AutoZones selection for older cars? ABC always found what I needed, even my center link which apparently stopped existing in any parts warehouse 5 years ago.

mattakat
06-16-04, 12:15 PM
YES

Advance Auto
They are the same as Checker

Dead Sled
06-16-04, 11:15 PM
depends on where you go for your parts. they vary vastly in quality. I get mine from Advance Auto when ever possible because what I have found they carry better parts than most. I avoid Autozone because of lesser quality parts. just simple things like a water pump impeller being made of plastic rather than cast.