: TV/ Radio Antenna

sweetdivel
09-17-08, 07:19 AM
hi
i have an 05 sts V8 RWD equipped with TV tuner. and there are some channels that could be watched on it. my question is how can i boost the reception signal and get more clear channels?
also my radio reception is below normal a bit and need to strengthen it. by the way where is the antenna located?

any help?

MARKVIII
09-17-08, 08:09 AM
Tv tuner in an sts?!?!??! News to me!

lreddiablo
09-17-08, 04:46 PM
Most likely an aftermarket tuner pluged into accessory? Don't bother with it too much (assuming a car tv tuner, all analog as far as I know), Feb '09 is soon and no more analog. I have one of those HD tv converter tuners set up in my car, required some slight accomodations to make it work in a car. Not bad but while driving signal loss is total when it goes in and out unlike analog but clear when you get it. If you drive between cities the other issue I encounter is having to rescan channels since these tuners need them programmed in first.

Cliff8928
09-18-08, 03:52 AM
Tv tuner in an sts?!?!??! News to me!

It's a export thing. The CTS gets it too.

lreddiablo
09-18-08, 05:08 PM
Really? are they HD capable, or are they useless in a few months? Wonder if they could have an upgrade like with onstar

Cliff8928
09-19-08, 01:58 AM
Don't really know. The TV stuff is intended for Europe and/or Japan, they might not be going DTV like the US?

The TV Tuner module looks like it would be on the rear deck and does communicate over low-speed GM LAN.

The Japanese export cars also get a "VICS" (Vehicle Identification Communication System) receiver which is for traffic information. I guess that "VICS" system is what automatically disables the speed limiter on a Nissan GTR if you're at a race track.

mad2000
09-19-08, 09:43 AM
I'm surfing the wrong forum but... my 2000STS has the TV function combined with the Bose audio/navigation set.

Unfortunatly december last year al analog broadcasts where taken of the air. Al thats left is ''digitenne'' over here in The Netherlands.... So no more TV until i'll get myself one of those portable DVB-T receivers and hook em up on the aux. port in the glovebox.

These DVB receivers with multiple antenne hookup work fine up to 100mile+
Our digital tv is different from yours however... different systems...

lreddiablo
09-19-08, 05:12 PM
I know are stuff might be diff on this side of the pond, but could you tell me some sites that I can view this stuff you have over in the Netherlands? And you wonder why GM stock price is so low, why have these better features only in overseas models where the market fo gm isnt as great?