: Backup lamps

nguyendot
09-16-08, 12:54 PM
So I drove a loaner DTS when my car was in service a few times. The DTS has LED backup/illumination lamps that come on when you unlock the car. The STS has regular lamps. It seems the LED lamps of the DTS are significantly brighter - as in they light up a huge space behind the car compared to my STS.

Any way to get some of these into the STS instead of the lame incandescent lamps we have? I really like how bright they are, and it seems safer as it illuminates a larger area.

c5 rv
09-16-08, 01:48 PM
Older drivers generally have poorer night vision. Hence, the LED lights for the DTS v. the STS. :stirpot:

Dr. Design
09-16-08, 06:58 PM
Hello,
Although they look VERY cool. It will be hard to get the same look as the DTS as the DTS has a clear lens. The STS uses a textured lens so the light wont be as clear/bright as the DTS. You can try changing out the bulbs to some LED's to get the color and a little brighter, but it will not be just like the DTS however. Please let us know if you have any questions. Give one of our sales guys a call and they can get you taken care of.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

So I drove a loaner DTS when my car was in service a few times. The DTS has LED backup/illumination lamps that come on when you unlock the car. The STS has regular lamps. It seems the LED lamps of the DTS are significantly brighter - as in they light up a huge space behind the car compared to my STS.

Any way to get some of these into the STS instead of the lame incandescent lamps we have? I really like how bright they are, and it seems safer as it illuminates a larger area.