: To get these wire wheels or not?

MaineWater
09-16-08, 11:41 AM
1990CaddyBrougham or Anthony from the forums is selling a set of wires on craigslist for 200, but they are not in the best condition, they were sprayed gold at one point, most of it was removed. The chrome is not the best, it is pitted in some spots. Would some steel wool and work clean them up? I think they add such a great touch of class to the car than wire wheel covers. Are they worth it, I would rather have these genuines than some aftermarket crap as well. Thanks for any help, Chris

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/pts/842125981.html

VortecCaddy
09-16-08, 11:49 AM
DO NOT use steel wool on chrome. What size are the rims? Do they come with tires? $200 is a pretty good deal. If the chrome is peeling you could have the rims painted to match your car. Whatever your taste is. I say grab them and customize them to your preference.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
09-16-08, 12:24 PM
DO NOT use steel wool on chrome. What size are the rims? Do they come with tires? $200 is a pretty good deal. If the chrome is peeling you could have the rims painted to match your car. Whatever your taste is. I say grab them and customize them to your preference.

All those questions can be answered by looking at the ad.

I say go for it. Clean them up with some Scotch Brite or Dobie pads (will polish w/o scratching) and some metal or chrome polish. The only thing wrong is they do not come with the center caps. Those could be hard to find, but not impossible. Try Ebay.