: Can't stand the wait- anyone else?

luckydaughter
09-14-08, 06:44 PM
I am literally bugging out waiting for this new car of mine. Hopefully it'll be the beginning of November as I don't want to be pulling this baby out in bad weather. Every dealership has sold their allotment. All good for GM. I WANT MY CAR!!!!!

WAT
09-14-08, 07:36 PM
How well does the new V handle rain/snow/ice? Any experience with that yet? Speculation?

lawfive
09-14-08, 07:46 PM
At least in theory the V's Electromagnetic Pavement Drying System (EPDS) ought to make bad weather rather moot.

luckydaughter
09-14-08, 11:17 PM
At least in theory the V's Electromagnetic Pavement Drying System (EPDS) ought to make bad weather rather moot.

Would you please explain the EPDS? Sounds amazing.

Florian
09-14-08, 11:35 PM
lolz.

F

CIWS
09-15-08, 07:24 AM
Would you please explain the EPDS? Sounds amazing.

How do you think a rear wheel drive car with 551 lbs of torque is going to do in bad weather ( slick roads) ? Go take a look at the stories of some of the STS-V drivers, some get so scared (snow/ice) they leave it in the garage. Part of that has to do with the tires on the car, the other part is massive RWD torque and horsepower just wanting to sling your butt around.

Just don't turn off any of the car's nannies and drive it like you don't want to wreck it.

Kadonny
09-15-08, 08:54 AM
How do you think a rear wheel drive car with 551 lbs of torque is going to do in bad weather ( slick roads) ? Go take a look at the stories of some of the STS-V drivers, some get so scared (snow/ice) they leave it in the garage. Part of that has to do with the tires on the car, the other part is massive RWD torque and horsepower just wanting to sling your butt around.

Just don't turn off any of the car's nannies and drive it like you don't want to wreck it.

Even driving lik you don't want to wreck it won't help. If you live in a flat part of the country that gets snow, then you have a chance. If you live in a hilly part of the country (like me) leave the car in the garage.

I speak from experience.

Florian
09-15-08, 09:55 AM
werd, I bought a truck just for winter....you almost have to with the V.

F

urbanski
09-15-08, 03:31 PM
epic fail, or epic win?

BLACK_CTSV
09-15-08, 07:51 PM
I couldn't wait any more. Not knowing price, and delivery off a couple months, I bought a C6 Z06 yesterday. Maybe I'll get the V next year...

JD03Cobra
09-16-08, 12:00 PM
Spotted a new one yesterday on the road...no manufacturer's plate which is common here in Michigan. Someone already took their new V home. Lucky SOB.

concorso
09-20-08, 02:41 PM
I couldn't wait any more. Not knowing price, and delivery off a couple months, I bought a C6 Z06 yesterday. Maybe I'll get the V next year... just another impatient customer...good luck with your piece of...oh...no, wait....nice purchase ;)

V-Love
09-23-08, 08:25 PM
I am literally bugging out waiting for this new car of mine. Hopefully it'll be the beginning of November as I don't want to be pulling this baby out in bad weather. Every dealership has sold their allotment. All good for GM. I WANT MY CAR!!!!!
Luckydaughter got a luckyboyfriend?:sneaky:

bruff1977
09-24-08, 10:49 AM
It's the 24th. Wasn't there some more info being released today(price)???

GNSCOTT
09-24-08, 02:27 PM
I couldn't wait any more. Not knowing price, and delivery off a couple months, I bought a C6 Z06 yesterday. Maybe I'll get the V next year...

I did the exact same thing back in May. I could not resist $11k off msrp and having 505hp with 3200lb car. I'll probably trade it in on a CTSV in the spring when they are selling well below msrp. I dont need a new performance car in November in New England.

luckydaughter
09-24-08, 11:19 PM
You know, November is quickly approaching and still no news on pricing. I think this is just awful. Plus living in the NE how my gonna drive this when the weather gets bad.I'd like sometime before the weather puts this in the garage instead of on the road. Come on GM get on with it already. Let us know what the bottom line is ($$$$). Revolting!

luckydaughter
09-25-08, 05:46 PM
GM dives into it's line of credit. Heard no crdit with Goldman Sachs. Is this why we have no pricing for the V?

terminal Velocity
09-26-08, 12:44 AM
You know, November is quickly approaching and still no news on pricing. I think this is just awful. Plus living in the NE how my gonna drive this when the weather gets bad.I'd like sometime before the weather puts this in the garage instead of on the road. Come on GM get on with it already. Let us know what the bottom line is ($$$$). Revolting!What does pricing have to do with production? It's always been the fall. Don't let your impatience cloud your thinking...maybe you should think of changing your screenname...