: First Shipment All Sold

Cadillac Tony
09-13-08, 03:34 PM
My initial allocation of CTS-Vs (arriving in late Nov/early Dec) have all been spoken for. Thank you to everyone who has called and emailed, and congratulations to the lucky few who have secured some of the first CTS-Vs to roll out of LGR. :thumbsup:

For those still interested in ordering a car that don't necessarily need it before year end, I will be happy to place an order for you in our next allocation. Our original offer of $599 below MSRP for the first shipment of cars will not apply to the next ones, so the price on future CTS-V orders will be MSRP.

As always, feel free to call, PM, email or visit my Web Site if you have any questions.

HiTechRV
09-13-08, 03:39 PM
Or Lansing ;-)

Congrats!!

Cadillac Tony
09-13-08, 03:40 PM
Haha....good catch. Asleep at the keyboard again. :doh:

FrgMstr
09-13-08, 05:33 PM
So what was you total allocation? Took you this long to sell 3??????

Cadillac Tony
09-13-08, 06:49 PM
I thought having three sold a month before the car even hits the lot is respectable, but apparently not. :bigroll:

One thing about the Internet: There's a lot of "talkers" when it comes to a new car like this launching, but the amount of people willing to take the dive and put up the money is significantly smaller.

lawfive
09-13-08, 07:25 PM
Congrats Tony. So far I'm holding firm to my strategy of waiting until Model Year #2.

urbanski
09-13-08, 07:35 PM
dont mind frg, he's one of those dallas types :p

vperl
09-13-08, 08:05 PM
I will be happy to place an order for you in our next allocation. Our original offer of $599 below MSRP for the first shipment of cars will not apply to the next ones, so the price on future CTS-V orders will be MSRP.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Gee Whiz TONY, you can't even go to the back room for 15 minutes and talk to the Mr.Big , the guy that makes all the decisions?
No deals? what is this world comming too? That "Mr. Big" in the back room, will he be on vacation when your second allocation arrives? That must be why, right?

Glad other options are out there in the wide world, "such a deal", as my saleman best friend says all the time.

FrgMstr
09-13-08, 08:06 PM
I thought having three sold a month before the car even hits the lot is respectable, but apparently not. :bigroll:

One thing about the Internet: There's a lot of "talkers" when it comes to a new car like this launching, but the amount of people willing to take the dive and put up the money is significantly smaller.

Wasn't trying to give you shit bro, I am just really surprised that it took this long considering all the good press the car has gotten and considering how high profile you are on this forum. That all said I did read where BWM has sold less than 1,000 M5's so maybe my expectations are a bit off as to what size the market is.

And I got my plates yesterday. :)

http://www.hummercommunity.com/files/hfpics/09vee.jpg

Cadillac Tony
09-14-08, 02:14 AM
Gee Whiz TONY, you can't even go to the back room for 15 minutes and talk to the Mr.Big , the guy that makes all the decisions?
No deals? what is this world comming too? That "Mr. Big" in the back room, will he be on vacation when your second allocation arrives? That must be why, right?

Glad other options are out there in the wide world, "such a deal", as my saleman best friend says all the time.

Actually, the $600 off was an offer that I made without my General Manager's knowledge. When I took the deposit for the last one in our initial allocation, his exact words to me were: "We've already sold three and the car's not even out yet- explain to me why we're giving a discount again?" So you actually have it backwards. I gave the discount, and "Mr. Big" took it away.

So that ship has sailed. Most Dealers mark up hot new exotics (like the ZR-1, Shelby Mustang, etc), so I think MSRP is not an unfair deal by any stretch. Either way- the early birds got the worm in this case.

vperl
09-14-08, 02:30 AM
Actually, the $600 off was an offer that I made without my General Manager's knowledge. When I took the deposit for the last one in our initial allocation, his exact words to me were: "We've already sold three and the car's not even out yet- explain to me why we're giving a discount again?" So you actually have it backwards. I gave the discount, and "Mr. Big" took it away.

So that ship has sailed. Most Dealers mark up hot new exotics (like the ZR-1, Shelby Mustang, etc), so I think MSRP is not an unfair deal by any stretch. Either way- the early birds got the worm in this case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The way the car salesman I have dealt with over the many years, it is Mr. Big, not the staff salesforce making deals. Why else do the salesman run to the back office, to refill their coffee cup ? One would never think that it was just a ploy, I do not subscibe to that theory, I have not seen saleman work for advantage. They take my picture and hang ot on the wall....a very friendly and lovable jesture. latter I come back to say hello on another deal and by chance I see holes punched in the picture of me, must be the thumb tack slipped 6 times on my forehead.

But then again, ships have real disposition to RETURN to PORT.

But, you probably never had the experience.

Cadillac Tony
09-14-08, 02:37 AM
:confused:

I don't even understand the second half of your post. The first part is just typical stereotyping and insults toward a Salesman, which I'm used to by now, but the bit about holes in your head and ships in port........what on earth are you talking about?

Is there any chance that you have anything positive, constructive or even comprehensible to add to this forum, or are you just going to ruin every single thread with snide remarks about Salesmen and whining about the price of the car? If not, please find somewhere else to spend your time- it's getting annoying.

urbanski
09-14-08, 08:15 AM
-

But, you probably never had the experience.

strike 2

vperl
09-14-08, 10:04 AM
?????????

LV_V
09-14-08, 01:19 PM
?????????
wtf? Seriously? Get the F outa here you deusch bag.

Kadonny
09-15-08, 09:52 AM
Vote him off the island!

Florian
09-15-08, 10:57 AM
wtf? Seriously? Get the F outa here you deusch bag.

I plan on staying here a long time :bouncy: ....and its "douche" (spelling police off)

F

lawfive
09-15-08, 12:52 PM
I assumed he was referring to a German douche bag.

CIWS
09-15-08, 01:38 PM
dont mind frg, he's one of those dallas types :p

http://www.ciws.net/smiles/flameit.gif

CIWS
09-15-08, 01:46 PM
I assumed he was referring to a German douche bag.

You're close Jerry - The Deusch was the little bag German Stuka pilots used after pulling out of a scary hard G dive.

http://www.3squadron.org.au/history%20pics/stuka.jpg

;)

( I realize this post if B.S. please don't hunt down my world history teacher and flog him )

LV_V
09-16-08, 07:24 PM
I'd be more embarrased of knowing how to spell "douche" than not knowing how... To each his own.

LV_V
09-16-08, 07:26 PM
I plan on staying here a long time :bouncy: ....and its "douche" (spelling police off)

F

This was directed at vperl for being such a c*ck sucker to Tony after all the information he's provided on the 09 V to this forum. A-holes like this guy make me sick.

Mika
09-16-08, 11:53 PM
FWIW, I'm glad to have Tony on a forum like this, informing folks. Know that its appreciated, Tony.

Mika

Jpjr
09-17-08, 12:58 AM
FWIW, I'm glad to have Tony on a forum like this, informing folks. Know that its appreciated, Tony.

Mika

Ditto, althought I don't always agree on every minor detail I really appreciate Tony's input. Huge asset to forum IMO.

jerrycecco
09-17-08, 10:02 AM
stupid question time, has MSRP been set yet for the 2009 CTS-V?
if not, anyone know when?

Cadillac Tony
09-17-08, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys. A lot of the information I post on here seems to go unnoticed, so it's nice to know that someone appreciates it. :)

LITTLEELVISDAN
09-17-08, 09:28 PM
we read it Tony. We just dont post responses most of the time as to not clutter up the threads. Keep up the good work

noelvm
09-17-08, 10:31 PM
YADAYADAYADAYADAYADA so when can I order my V coupe and when will it be built?????????????????????????????????????????

noelvm

DILLIGAF
09-25-08, 12:02 AM
too funny

Florian
09-26-08, 04:24 PM
I smell a ban coming....

F

GNSCOTT
09-26-08, 05:21 PM
With the work and advertising you did on the board, i was a little shocked that you only sold 3 and it took this long to do it. I hope your boss gives you the other $600 because I am sure you are the only salesman that has 3 in the bag. I talked to 4 dealers and 2 had 1 deposit and the other 2 had none. All told me I could have one for msrp and i am sure if I wanted to deal then, i could have worked something out. There is not a huge market for $70k cars in this economy right now.

Cadillac Tony
09-26-08, 06:01 PM
The market for Pre-Ordering cars has always been small, especially on anything that's not an exotic (like Ferrari). I sold plenty of all three V models between 04 and 08, and almost all those were sold here on the lot (as opposed to pre-orders). The pre-order crowd is just a tiny part of the market, and really only represents the total die-hards. I think we'll sell quite a few once the car is out.

Selling an unknown commodity like a car "sight unseen" is difficult at best, and don't forget that at this point, the only people who really know anything about this car are those who read the Internet buzz- there has yet to be the first commercial or in depth magazine review printed.

I also keep seeing people post about "this economy right now", but I still have plenty of folks writing checks for $70k and driving home new cars every day, so I think we'll be fine. Considering that I had 0 Pre-Orders for the first CTS-V, and now have 4 on this one, I can only assume that the new model is going to be a bigger seller than the first one was.