09-13-08, 01:44 PM
Looking for Opinions on N* nitrous use.
Looking at ZEX unit.
75, 100 shot?
I want to be safe on head gasket issue.:stirpot:
1999 STS w/ 62000 mi

NHRATA01
09-14-08, 01:21 PM
My opinion is that I wouldn't add spray to a motor that has known head sealing issues.

STSj90
09-14-08, 02:33 PM
My opinion is that I wouldn't add spray to a motor that has known head sealing issues.

+1

But it Wouldnt be a bad idea if you got the block timeserted and replaced the gaskets first.(im assuming it would be fine then) Then i wouldnt be worried as much

AJxtcman
09-14-08, 03:39 PM
+1

But it Wouldnt be a bad idea if you got the block timeserted and replaced the gaskets first.(im assuming it would be fine then) Then i wouldnt be worried as much

Timeserts just make the bolt bigger it doesn't fix the problem.

STSj90
09-14-08, 06:35 PM
Timeserts just make the bolt bigger it doesn't fix the problem.

So your saying it wouldnt help? That leaving it stock is just as good as the timeserted? I thought when you timeserted a block it would Lower the chance of blowing your HG's by Alot. (lifting the heads)

I was thinking that maybe if you put a shot on a bone stock setup(not timeserted) That you would have a high chance of lifting the heads. But if you had it timeserted you would have less chance of lifting the heads. I was pretty sure it would help......:hmm:. Will it help?

All i know is....I wouldnt put a shot on my car without timeserting the block..

dkozloski
09-14-08, 08:14 PM
Using nitrous in a Northstar is like juicing a racehorse. It's a crime against nature.

BlackCaddy87
09-15-08, 03:03 AM
my mom took me off the bottle a long time ago