: I need a water pump drive pulley please help

ironloaf
09-12-08, 01:22 AM
This is the first time I have posted on this site so please forgive any errors. I need to replace the water pump drive pulley (approx. 4-1/4' diameter plastic pulley on front cam) on my 94 STS. I have spent several hours in these forums and found alot of help on the removal/installation of this pulley, but I have not been able to actually find a parts source for this pulley. I have tried my local parts stores, my local dealer and countless hours online searching for it. If anyone knows where I can get this part or has one they are willing to sell it would make my day. I'll try to post a picture.

ewill3rd
09-12-08, 06:48 AM
You need to contact Luke, go to the vendors area and look for Lindsay Cadillac. Post a topic on what you need and he'll hook you up.
I am surprised you cannot find one locally.

Rolex
09-12-08, 10:45 AM
:welcome5: to the forums and thanks for signing up.

:moved:

tateos
09-12-08, 01:13 PM
Why was this moved from Northstar to Eldorado? It is asking about a part on a Northstar engine. I don't understand - can someone please explain? Thanks.

RM

Ranger
09-12-08, 05:16 PM
Seems to me it belongs in the Northstar section. I'll move it there. Not sure why or if it was moved.

amatureprofessional
09-13-08, 02:00 AM
you could check on rockauto i have never gone there and they didn't have what i needed easy to use checpest prices and quick shipping

Submariner409
09-13-08, 09:20 AM
Rockauto doesn't have one. Dealer item. Junkyard with puller.

"never gone there and they didn't have what i needed......." You must be clairvoyant.

AJxtcman
09-13-08, 05:42 PM
This is the first time I have posted on this site so please forgive any errors. I need to replace the water pump drive pulley (approx. 4-1/4' diameter plastic pulley on front cam) on my 94 STS. I have spent several hours in these forums and found alot of help on the removal/installation of this pulley, but I have not been able to actually find a parts source for this pulley. I have tried my local parts stores, my local dealer and countless hours online searching for it. If anyone knows where I can get this part or has one they are willing to sell it would make my day. I'll try to post a picture.

I have a few
PM sent

Rolex
09-21-08, 08:59 PM
Seems to me it belongs in the Northstar section. I'll move it there. Not sure why or if it was moved.

I moved it from the lounge to the wrong forum. I've never moved a thread to the correct forum before, so I figured why start now? :alchi:

Buntified
09-22-08, 12:34 PM
Water pump drive pulley (big one) is dealer only. Paid $45 for one last Thursday. Dealer also wanted $120 for the water pump tensioner w/ pulley (little one), but Autozone had the same for $50. Both pulleys melted on my Eldorado. I replaced both plus a belt for about $100 and help from this Forum! Junkyard is another possibility. I just did not have time to locate and pull.