: CTS-V Options?

edsuski
09-11-08, 11:42 PM
I was reading a report that stated the following:

"Options include suede like material on the steering wheel and shift knob, which I liked, for a couple hundred bucks. Stainless-steel-capped pedals will cost about the same, as will an option for real-wood trim. You'll pay somewhere north of $2,000 for optional Recaro sport seats, which are higher in overall quality, in my opinion, and have many more adjustments, including side bolsters and cushion length. You need these if you're going to spend much time on a track, and you might consider the differential cooler and the optional brakes."

Is there an option for wood trim?

Is there a Brake Upgrade option?

LV_V
09-12-08, 12:06 AM
Is there an option for wood trim?

Is there a Brake Upgrade option?

Yes and yes.

LV_V
09-12-08, 12:07 AM
(You can thank me later for my thoroughness) ;)

v84life
09-12-08, 12:09 AM
I thought the fuzzy wheel and shifter were only sold in the performance package not sold separatley:hmm:

Kadonny
09-12-08, 09:17 AM
I thought the fuzzy wheel and shifter were only sold in the performance package not sold separatley:hmm:

It is......or at least is was.

Cadillac Tony
09-12-08, 09:41 AM
My ordering guide is now showing the Microfiber wheel being available as a free-flow option if you get the Recaro seats. This is the one risk of posting advance information- they always change it 5 times before the car releases! :doh:

There is also not a wood trim option, and the track brake package will be a Dealer installed item, not something we order on the car.

Kadonny
09-12-08, 10:10 AM
As always, thanks again Tony.

Question, if it were you, would you do the Recaros or the normal seats. I'm torn, I want the Recaro but I also want the 2 tone cashmere/ebony seat. I can't have both.

Damn Cadillac, it almost makes me not want to buy the car............yeah right.

Cadillac Tony
09-12-08, 10:19 AM
The seats in the regular CTS are pretty nice, but lack the lateral support of the Recaros if you plan on driving hard or tracking it.

One thing you might consider is getting the Recaros and then having the Ebony suede parts replaced with Cashmere at a good interior shop. There's a place near us that has done some custom suede headliners and inserts (they even did one guys Escalade with Ostrich!) and the prices are usually pretty reasonable (<$1,000).

Just a thought.

bruff1977
09-12-08, 11:06 AM
Are you sure about the wood? I've posted below recent photos of V2s with wood where the faux carbon fiber would be located. Personally, I would prefer the real thing. I would REALLY like to have the option of the gray wood inserts, like the STS-Vs/BMWs...

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/first-drive-2009-cadillac-cts-v/1011547/
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/first-drive-2009-cadillac-cts-v/1011549/

Art138
09-12-08, 11:13 AM
Cadillac Tony: Do you have any further info on the "track Brake Package" - what does it entail????

Cadillac Tony
09-12-08, 11:25 AM
All I'm going from is my ordering screen, and right now it doesn't show either a brake package or wood trim. Of course, it also used to show Black Ice (and now it doesn't) as well as the performance package (and now doesn't), so who knows. I'm also seeing a sunroof delete option that wasn't there a week ago. :gah:

The same thing happened with the '08 CTS for the first 6 months- the option packages changed practically weekly. It's frustrating. I promise I'm trying to give you guys the most up to date information possible, but just be aware that things are changing constantly.

Here's two screen shots of my order screen.

urbanski
09-12-08, 11:29 AM
no wood on Vs :mad3:

RightTurn
09-12-08, 11:33 AM
As always, thanks for your help Tony. :thumbsup:

RightTurn
09-12-08, 11:33 AM
no wood on Vs :mad3:

Except in the driver's seat? :rimshot:

Cadillac Tony
09-12-08, 11:40 AM
Of course. :lol:

HPCC
09-15-08, 07:56 PM
P80 vs Q32: Does anyone know if the difference is just the wheel finish (polished vs. painted, respectively)? The P80 option lists the wheel specs, polished, plus summer tires, while Q32 just says 19" painted aluminum--no mention of sizes and type of tire...

Cadillac Tony
09-15-08, 09:06 PM
They're the same wheel, just painted vs. polished.

HPCC
09-15-08, 10:35 PM
Once again, thank you Tony.