: A new 09 CTS-V WAGON!

Nutz
09-10-08, 08:53 AM
John Heinricy can send the wife and kids to the grocery store 13 miles away in 7:59:00! :histeric:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=131811?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1

Oh "Lord", time for another thread category.

Dr. Design
09-10-08, 02:49 PM
Its our understanding that this vehicle (might) already be close to completion and just waiting for its show date/location..... Should be pretty cool. It would do great wonders to break the mold/stigma typically associated with the wagon vehicles...They should at least show it for PR purposes!

Good find.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

John Heinricy can send the wife and kids to the grocery store 13 miles away in 7:59:00! :histeric:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=131811?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1

Oh "Lord", time for another thread category.

luxilon
09-10-08, 03:28 PM
If the CTW-V becomes reality I'll be one of the first ones to buy it (as long as MSRP is known at time of ordering ;)). I'm trying to be optimistic, but given the state GM is in I expect that this is one of the first programs that the bean counters will nix.

Most articles on the wagon state that the model is an important part of Cadillac's strategy in Europe. In order to establish a market for the CTS overthere they strongly feel they need a wagon eventhough wagon's haven't sold that well in the US.

The reason why people buy wagons instead of SUVs in Europe is because they need the cargo space but with their smaller roads, smaller parking spaces, gas prices that are twice as high plus car prices that are significantly higher they can't afford to buy the larger gas guzzling SUVs.

At first look providing a CTS wagon for Europe seems to make sense, however, I'm concerned about the actual maximum cargo volume that the wagon provides. They keep touting the total interior volume which I don't think is that important. You buy a wagon for the cargo space and the Volvo's are perfect examples of the boxy look you get if you want to maximize cargo volume.

Cadillac compromised on this for styling reasons. The rear-end has a significant slope to it. It is not as bad as the Dodge Magnum (which was the worst example of style over volume), but still I think people looking to buy a wagon will see this as one of the drawbacks, so my guess the wagon will not be as successful as they hope and lower than expected base wagon sales will result in no V version. Note that most car comparison sites list both luggage capacity and maximum cargo capacity as key specs. So far Cadillac has only provided the luggage capacity and is quite a bit smaller than comparable cars (5 series wagon, e series wagon, volvo v70, a6 wagon, passat wagon etc.)

Again, I strongly hope that I'm wrong and that the CTS wagon will be a top seller because I definitely want to buy a V wagon if it is ever produced. Maybe we should form a CTW-V fanclub here on this forum such that we can generate some critical mass to try and convince GM to produce it :thumbsup:

Luxury & Exotics
09-10-08, 11:46 PM
yuck

V-Love
09-11-08, 06:06 AM
yuck
Agreed. Thats the opposite direction for V.

PhoenixSRX
09-14-08, 03:43 AM
Agreed. Thats the opposite direction for V.

Not the V but ....

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/experience/news_cts_sportswagon_announcement.jsp?from=news

Jayrcr3
09-14-08, 11:55 AM
Wagon = Fugly see Dodge Magnum for further proof.

This is just my opinion.

lawfive
09-14-08, 02:54 PM
Ugh.

dqw1
09-14-08, 05:40 PM
don't like it at all.

JD03Cobra
09-16-08, 01:02 PM
I'll take one!

HiTechRV
09-19-08, 09:32 PM