: how about a sighting--and a test drive!!!!

SRT8/BMW
09-09-08, 09:07 PM
No shit..I have had a deposit in since february--turned in my sts-v in June. Going to place order this week. So--here in sunny Michigan..my Bro and I put a new perfromance filter in my 335 for track tomorrow--were out on a test drive. What goes by the other way--09 CTS-V. The red/burgundy color. WE turn and give chase--asked the guy at the light if he would let me take pic. COOOLLEST guy--says sure..pull over. Turns out he is involved in their production-I will leave it at that. But he was so cool and sat andtalked cars for long time and let my bro take pics with cell phone. then he offfers to let me drive it. HOW COOL.

Of course it took it easy--but all I can say is the power, suspension, brakes, fit and finish and anything else you can think of-is everything I ever hoped, and then some. This is a world class sedan--in every way. And I consider myself picky--I have owned 745Li, current 335, two srt8s an STSV- and test drivn AMGs, M5, RS6-you name it. This car is in a league with--or above- those.

though you'd like to know. And now I know one of the guys who worked on it..and what a great guy--totally passionate about cars.

concorso
09-09-08, 09:48 PM
Picky? You've owned 2 SRT-8's! :hide: :) Im supremely jealous youve driven the V.:)

Rich H
09-09-08, 09:53 PM
Sounds like it's time to fly from sunny Colorado to sunny Michigan to get that first test drive. Let us know if/where you spot any others.

chubbs032
09-09-08, 09:59 PM
Was there a price tag somewhere in the car?

BigFred
09-10-08, 12:21 AM
Was there a price tag somewhere in the car?

:histeric:

Good to hear. If I had to stay new, I was thinkin 335 with the Dinan mod if the V outpriced my allowance. How much better was it? :helpless:

chris1268
09-10-08, 10:04 AM
No shit..I have had a deposit in since february--turned in my sts-v in June. Going to place order this week. So--here in sunny Michigan..my Bro and I put a new perfromance filter in my 335 for track tomorrow--were out on a test drive. What goes by the other way--09 CTS-V. The red/burgundy color. WE turn and give chase--asked the guy at the light if he would let me take pic. COOOLLEST guy--says sure..pull over. Turns out he is involved in their production-I will leave it at that. But he was so cool and sat andtalked cars for long time and let my bro take pics with cell phone. then he offfers to let me drive it. HOW COOL.

Of course it took it easy--but all I can say is the power, suspension, brakes, fit and finish and anything else you can think of-is everything I ever hoped, and then some. This is a world class sedan--in every way. And I consider myself picky--I have owned 745Li, current 335, two srt8s an STSV- and test drivn AMGs, M5, RS6-you name it. This car is in a league with--or above- those.

though you'd like to know. And now I know one of the guys who worked on it..and what a great guy--totally passionate about cars.

Did he happen to state when actual production was starting?

SRT8/BMW
09-10-08, 12:40 PM
he didn't know the pricing--guessed around $60 for base but said it was his best guess. He said he thought production would begin mid october.

for that poster above picking on the srt8's--let me just tel you--for the money--it is a LOT of car. After all, when I owned the srt8 at the same time as the sts-v:

sts-v had three things on the srt 8---touch screen nav versus regular nav, heated sterring wheel, and heated rear seats. I also like the tranny in it maybe a little more, and definietly liked the AC more. But my srt8 beat it in every other category..acceleration, top speed, handling (by pretty wide margin), braking (again, wide margin). The srt8 was $45K, the sts-v $77. Those are real life, REPEATED side by side comparisons.. so don't give me any shit about the srt8s---for the money--you can't touch em. I am not sayin they are in the same class with the AMGs or even this new V--just for the money--unreal.

SRT8/BMW
09-10-08, 12:44 PM
:histeric:

Good to hear. If I had to stay new, I was thinkin 335 with the Dinan mod if the V outpriced my allowance. How much better was it? :helpless:

the 335 would be a good, less expensive option. Mine has JBX tune, catless down pipes. It runs a consistent 12.4-12.5--in street trim--but--it is helped by the fact it is an xi (awd) so 60 ft. times of 1.75 are effortless. This caddy is definitely faster--although i only got on it once from a 40 roll.. theis caddy is a work of art.

Kidhummer
09-10-08, 06:28 PM
Why would the guy driving the V pull over for a random stranger and let them drive a car that isnt even available yet? What if you crashed it or carjacked him? just doesn't make sense. Also, I always beat Srt-8's in a race including the charger, 300, and the cherokee so im not sure how an srt-8 is faster than a V in acceleration, top speed and handling? . On the other hand, the 335's are pretty quick even without a tune (although the V is quicker and beats it every time) and real quick with a tune.

gothicaleigh
09-10-08, 07:23 PM
Was the steering wheel... velvety? :shifty

:gothiraspberry: someone had to say it...

SRT8/BMW
09-10-08, 11:35 PM
Why would the guy driving the V pull over for a random stranger and let them drive a car that isnt even available yet? What if you crashed it or carjacked him? just doesn't make sense. Also, I always beat Srt-8's in a race including the charger, 300, and the cherokee so im not sure how an srt-8 is faster than a V in acceleration, top speed and handling? . On the other hand, the 335's are pretty quick even without a tune (although the V is quicker and beats it every time) and real quick with a tune.

well..there seems to asses on every forum. So--you calling me out? if I show pics will you eat crow and apologize? I have them. If I show you vids of my srt8 smokin my sts-v--will you say sorry? I have them too.
would you like to see?

Never saw a stock sts-v run better than 13.1-13.2--12.9 with rear sensors disconnected. In person or on film...I have seen srt8s run below 13 stock MANY times! so I think your full of it. besides..what I am talking about is from a roll--I tried that dozens of times--the srt8 pulled on the V every time!!!! and not just my V.. and my 335xi with a tune TOYED with my sts-v. No vested interest here--they are both my cars..just facts.

meanwhile, I am goingto start another thread about the two CTS-Vs (09s) that were at Milan dragway tonight..including vid!

Kidhummer
09-11-08, 12:23 AM
well..there seems to asses on every forum. So--you calling me out? if I show pics will you eat crow and apologize? I have them. If I show you vids of my srt8 smokin my sts-v--will you say sorry? I have them too.
would you like to see?

Never saw a stock sts-v run better than 13.1-13.2--12.9 with rear sensors disconnected. In person or on film...I have seen srt8s run below 13 stock MANY times! so I think your full of it. besides..what I am talking about is from a roll--I tried that dozens of times--the srt8 pulled on the V every time!!!! and not just my V.. and my 335xi with a tune TOYED with my sts-v. No vested interest here--they are both my cars..just facts.

meanwhile, I am goingto start another thread about the two CTS-Vs (09s) that were at Milan dragway tonight..including vid!

I just find it weird that someone you dont know would pull over and let you drive a car that they don't even own. There is just too much liability involved. If i was working for a company and they trusted me with a car, (especially one with 550hp) I wouldnt let some random person drive it. It would be a different story if this was your friend or relative. So,YES POST VIDS AND PICS. A lot of people BS on here. Also, I have never lost to an SRT-8 and all i have is exhaust on my cts-v. I dont think the sts-v is is that much slower if slower at all. As far as 335, my friend has a 335xi with vishnu tuning and I beat him by a car length from a 40 roll. I beat my bros stock 335i by 3 or 4 cars from a 40 roll switching through a few gears. So im not sure how your 335xi with a tune toyed with your sts-v unless your V is a lemon.

SRT8/BMW
09-11-08, 06:08 AM
I just find it weird that someone you dont know would pull over and let you drive a car that they don't even own. There is just too much liability involved. If i was working for a company and they trusted me with a car, (especially one with 550hp) I wouldnt let some random person drive it. It would be a different story if this was your friend or relative. So,YES POST VIDS AND PICS. A lot of people BS on here. Also, I have never lost to an SRT-8 and all i have is exhaust on my cts-v. I dont think the sts-v is is that much slower if slower at all. As far as 335, my friend has a 335xi with vishnu tuning and I beat him by a car length from a 40 roll. I beat my bros stock 335i by 3 or 4 cars from a 40 roll switching through a few gears. So im not sure how your 335xi with a tune toyed with your sts-v unless your V is a lemon.

ok--fair enough-I will post pics and you can see my 335 parked in at least one of them. I simply asked this guy if he would pull over (bright sunny day-lotsa people around-affluent area) so I could get "a pic". He was more than obliging..he said sure and we pulled into parking lot of Indianwood Country Club- He actually new a ton about car since he worked on electronics in it-including Magnetic ride control. At the end he said "tell you what-if you don't mind me sitting next to you and if you have your brother following us-you can take it for a little spin" and he said--kind of laughing.."just don't be too crazy". After I drove it (very mellow too) he talked to us for another 10 minutes or so about the car, my BMW, etc..

My BMW has a best track time of 12.4 @110--it has tune and downpipes. Do you really think your sts-v would stand a chance--? Not an insult--I had one and loved it. Just tellin you-it wasn't ever close. My tune is a Juice Box and stronger than Vishnu.

I will post a couple pics of the V-and a video another forum member shot at Lapeer Dragway. you have to forward into it for a few minutes to get to the good stuff. In it you will see- his V losing to my V, my srt8 beating my V, and my BMW beating my srt8. enjoy...

vid:YouTube - DETROIT-V @ LAPEER DRAGWAY

pics:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z253/mjsonego/ctsv-1.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z253/mjsonego/ctsv-2.jpg

Silver -V-
09-11-08, 09:51 AM
SRT8/BMwho - thanks for the update. It is great to know that GM is hiring "car" guys who want to show off their work and have pride in what they have created. It is great that an engineer would pull over to talk to enthusiasts about their newest creations. This is how Detroit used to be many years ago, and it looks like some of them are still doing it. This is grass roots marketing and word of mouth sales at its best.

Back to the car, which seats did this one have? If they were the Recaros, how comfortable were they? Several I have had in cars in the past were good for spirited cornering, but a long cruise might make your back sore.

Did this car have the aluminum pedals? how did they look?

What kind of cell phone took those photos? They are very clear.

Kidhummer
09-11-08, 10:28 AM
Nice vid and pics. and btw I have a cts-v not an sts-v. The 335xi is a killer off the line because of awd.

SRT8/BMW
09-11-08, 02:20 PM
SRT8/BMwho - thanks for the update. It is great to know that GM is hiring "car" guys who want to show off their work and have pride in what they have created. It is great that an engineer would pull over to talk to enthusiasts about their newest creations. This is how Detroit used to be many years ago, and it looks like some of them are still doing it. This is grass roots marketing and word of mouth sales at its best.

Back to the car, which seats did this one have? If they were the Recaros, how comfortable were they? Several I have had in cars in the past were good for spirited cornering, but a long cruise might make your back sore.

Did this car have the aluminum pedals? how did they look?

What kind of cell phone took those photos? They are very clear.

the car did not have the Recaros-and yet the seats were excellent in look and comfort. I was'nt in them for a long trip--but while there they felt great. Yes to the aluminum pedals--looked fantastic. I was EXTREMELY impressed with the dash--the speedo-tach etc.. they really stepped it up here in my opinion. The cell phone is just a 2 year old LG--it di get some nice pics here tho.

This guy was a total enthusiast--he said if he were to order the car--he would get sunroof (which it didn't have) and wasn't sure about the recaros.

SRT8/BMW
09-11-08, 02:30 PM
Nice vid and pics. and btw I have a cts-v not an sts-v. The 335xi is a killer off the line because of awd.

well sorry for the confusion..thats different all together. And yes--totally agree--the 335 xi being AWD is what makes it so good off the line

concorso
09-14-08, 03:31 PM
SRT8/BMW Everyone knows theyre huge bang for buck, thats old news. A friend of mines' stock 300 SRT broke into the 12's, and I still give him a hard time about them. :) Ive been itching for a Jeep SRT for a while, and it might just be my next winter car.

How are the warranties holding up on the 135/335/535's? There was a rumor that any tuning changes were recording in the ecm? A 335ci is very tempting until the coupe-v comes...

SRT8/BMW
09-14-08, 06:45 PM
SRT8/BMW Everyone knows theyre huge bang for buck, thats old news. A friend of mines' stock 300 SRT broke into the 12's, and I still give him a hard time about them. :) Ive been itching for a Jeep SRT for a while, and it might just be my next winter car.

How are the warranties holding up on the 135/335/535's? There was a rumor that any tuning changes were recording in the ecm? A 335ci is very tempting until the coupe-v comes...

yes--the dealers are doinga flash when you take it in for oil change or anything. Allegedly it can detect hp/torque over factory settings..and they have voided some warranties. Can't really blame them-- so its careful careful careful for me..:lildevil:

Innocent Bystander
09-15-08, 01:40 PM
A friend at GM was just mentioning some of the things they do to catch aftermarket tuning: multiple memory checksums, duplicate calibration tables, protected memory locations, etc. Seems the manufacturers are just covering their collective azzes so you and I don't "accidentally" overboost!
IB

brent eb02
09-16-08, 12:49 AM
i know how you guys feel about the srt 8....but

here is mine its best time stock was 12.56 @112 mph bone stock

i did do mods and got her down to 12.1 @114 with drag radials

there is a video on drag times but it wont let me post it here

so dont start crap with me....my srt 8 replacement is a new cts v

other cars i have had are 2004 gto sts single turbo 10.6 @ 132 mph
oh and a 02 zo6 heads and cam stock bottom end 10.5 @ 130 all motor
then i got bored and upgraded to a 427 stroker and ran 10.1 @136 on motor

alot of people know me on the corvette forum and gto forums and i look forward to playing with the new V

CIWS
09-16-08, 07:22 AM
so dont start crap with me....my srt 8 replacement is a new cts v

http://www.ciws.net/smiles/poop2.gif

Jerome
09-22-08, 01:07 AM
The cell phone is just a 2 year old LG--it di get some nice pics here tho.

If you right click on the image and look at the info embedded in the picture it says it was taken by a Blackberry 8130. . . I thought RIM made the BB not LG. . . Seems kinda fishy to me.

SRT8/BMW
09-23-08, 09:46 PM
If you right click on the image and look at the info embedded in the picture it says it was taken by a Blackberry 8130. . . I thought RIM made the BB not LG. . . Seems kinda fishy to me.

boy you don't miss anything..LOL You are actually right--good catch--My brother took that pic and forwarded to my email.As you can see..my BMW is in the foreground

did you happen to watch the vid of the V I posted from the dragway the very same week??