: Update on 2 Leaks

soon to V
06-14-04, 08:38 PM
Back from Germany last night. Wife picked up V while gone and they replaced left rear axle seal. That was the lesser of two evils as I crawled under it last night to check things out. Picture shows what I found and what was causing the little oil pooling. Right rear shock leaking pretty heavily. Took it in the dealer this am to confirm. Suffice it to say a new shock is now on order. Axel seal repair looked good, just missed this neighboring problem!

I trust these shocks aren't computer matched to each other, yes/no?

Not sure if this will require a new alignment, advise?

Hope I got the pic attached!

soon to V
06-14-04, 08:58 PM
sorry, picture file was too large. Trying again.

06-14-04, 09:30 PM
unusual coincidence to have leaks on such a new car. For curiousity, are you one of the ones experimenting with wheel hop with the 3K clutch drops?

Doug

soon to V
06-14-04, 10:14 PM
Re 3k drops. Nope. That's not how I like to launch a car. In fact I've never even tried to burn any rubber on this. Also in fact, I try to find the maximum traction point just before slipping occurs. Don't like breaking things, and spinning. Now having said that, I also don't like to take too many curves under the 1.00 g level :), so my tires DO get a lot of workout (but again, not the plowing type).

Dreamin
06-14-04, 10:18 PM
No problem with the 1 new shock...