: Eldorado ?

yankieepapa
06-10-03, 11:03 PM
How do you access the computor on the Eldorado,1998 Touring Coup. VDC:cool:

Chuck C
06-11-03, 03:29 PM
hold off and the red on the climate control i think?

elwesso
06-11-03, 06:46 PM
Correctamundo!!!!

yankieepapa
06-11-03, 09:01 PM
Chuck C & elwesso. You are wright as rain . Thank you VDC

elwesso
06-11-03, 11:33 PM
Kinda funny though, i dont even own a cadillac, and yet i know more about them than I do my infiniti...... I guess i am prioritizing correctly :D

sprucegoose
06-24-03, 01:09 PM
Next question.. how do you reset the codes in a 93 Eldorado? Does disconnecting the battery do the same thing, or does it still hold some stuff in memory?

AKPsiMC03
06-24-03, 03:13 PM
if you disconnect the battery. leave it off for at least an hour. I had to rest mine once and it didnt clear them with it off for 30 min. so i left it off for 90 min.

elwesso
06-24-03, 11:49 PM
Best thing to do would be to unplug it before you go to bed, and then hook it back up before taking it out the next day!

vanaisa
06-28-03, 11:12 AM
Well, you can reset all codes, when you in "computer mode" too.
There is subsection in ECM and BCM level - "clear ECM(or BCM) codes" ;)
If you take battery cable off, then (i think) computer forget all settings and you must drive about 20 minutes, then he learns all again.

elwesso
06-28-03, 10:33 PM
Well, you can reset all codes, when you in "computer mode" too.
There is subsection in ECM and BCM level - "clear ECM(or BCM) codes" ;)
If you take battery cable off, then (i think) computer forget all settings and you must drive about 20 minutes, then he learns all again.
Do people refer to their cars as HEs instead of SHEs in estonia!

vanaisa
06-29-03, 05:37 AM
Do people refer to their cars as HEs instead of SHEs in estonia!
Well....we dont have in our language this he/she thing - only when you talking about people. Maybe "it" is proper word.
But we have common saying here - car is like woman - when its new and shiny, you dont have any problems with it, but after, say five years... - i think you understand yourself :D