: First Euro 2009 CTS-V Press

FrgMstr
09-05-08, 10:27 AM
This is really what I wanted to see. AutoCar UK (http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Cadillac-CTS-V-6.2-V8/234839/).

What’s it like?

There’s no longer any need to wonder whether the Yanks can build a performance saloon to challenge Europe’s best.

The faces of the German testers at the Caddy’s launch said it all; the answer is 'yes'.

http://www.hummercommunity.com/files/hfpics/09vee.jpg

lawfive
09-05-08, 12:38 PM
Nice!

CIWS
09-05-08, 12:48 PM
Still hoping they give one to The Stig. :D

jasaero
09-05-08, 01:18 PM

That's more a question of "When?" rather than "If?". As soon as this thing is available to buy in Europe, every auto media outlet there is going to have to have their own reviews on it with the level of positive news it's getting here. My guess is that even the most biased of the media outlets in Europe will even admit is a very competitive car.

I predict the The Stig will run it through it's paces sooner than we are expecting and possibly before it is for sale in the UK. I think a take on it from Top Gear is in high enough demand for what has become an international show, that they and GM may actually set something up to get it on the show sooner than what would seem logical if isn't going on sale there until later next year. We'll see, but hearing Jeramy Clarkson's take on th V2 is something I have been waiting for from the time I first saw the standard CTS in it's new form.

When a base car is as good as that base was I knew they were going to go all out on the V. Think the only thing that soured most of us a bit as the V2 details and images started to get out was the lack of any of the base cars new face and a face more akin to V1. I am still a little annoyed they didn't work harder on figuring a way to keep the new face of the CTS on the V2. Oh well.

lawfive
09-05-08, 02:37 PM
... and that the road is DRY this time.

vperl
09-06-08, 02:32 AM
Euro snobbs are in fact EURO snobs, wait they will have something to compain about on the 2009 CTS-V.
Top gear for example will say they felt like the steering was something or the other, just enough Euro snobbery to have something negative to mention...

urbanski
09-06-08, 06:03 AM
hey does Thorax have a cadillac?

CIWS
09-06-08, 08:36 AM
Top gear for example will say they felt like the steering was something or the other, just enough Euro snobbery to have something negative to mention...

That's fine, if Jeremy can only bitch about the felt steering wheel, but drive the V against the likes of the M, RS, and AMG and show it's come up to and/or beat their mark in performance, luxury, and amenities that's all that really matters. Actually there's very few cars he doesn't find some issues with.

vperl
09-06-08, 09:12 AM
This time they will say that they felt like they were sitting on a pea. Seems to me they had the CTS-V running like a champ and then they complained about the interior.....Whatr ever they shoose to complain about it is the EURO Snob comming out, almost like they make a decision based on the vehicle is American Steel.

BTW, them you nice pictures?

Flyboy
09-06-08, 02:29 PM
Urby,

Love the pics of Sarah.........GO McCain.........! ! !

vperl
09-06-08, 06:28 PM
:worship: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You gotta like Alaska :want: