: 350 TBI tuning

csbuckn
09-05-08, 12:18 AM
Some people here may recognize my post in the RWD brougham forum(my first engine swap) but heres a recap. I'm swaping a stock 350 TBI for a built 350 TBI. Here are the specs.

1990 Cadillac Brougham
350 dated '70 bored 30 over
76cc stock heads with stock rebuild
new stock crankshaft(scratched up pretty good trying to get the bearing right)
stage 1 melling cam(MTC-1)
Edelbrock performance spreadbore intake w/rear mount TBI adapter
Long tube headers
custom true dual exhaust w/no cats and flowmaster mufflers
stock 700R4 tranny

So my question is what am I gonna have to do to the ECM? I also have a 92 brougham ECM and harness which people say is easier. What would it run like if I left the ECM untouched? There are pics of the products and process on page 5, 6 and 7 of the post in the brougham forum, the 307 swap was cancelled.

N0DIH
09-06-08, 02:10 AM
The ECM will be pretty off on fueling. You will need a custom ECM tune (PROM).

Post what the cam specs you have. These values are important to setting up the new calibration properly. As well as full documentation of the rest of the combination (gearing, etc)

Shoot me an email about it @ Ram Air Rocket @ yahoo (dot) com (remove the spaces)

EDIT: Send me your VIN so I can verify what software is in your car now.

VortecCaddy
10-23-08, 03:05 PM
Not sure if you are still interested. Go over to thirdgen.org. They have a guy, RBob who owns DirectEFI. Its pretty much a flashable OBI computer. Pretty cool. Way to much to describe, you gotta see for yourself

N0DIH
10-23-08, 04:14 PM
Not a cheap "upgrade" though. I'll keep my PROM's.

Not sure if you are still interested. Go over to thirdgen.org. They have a guy, RBob who owns DirectEFI. Its pretty much a flashable OBI computer. Pretty cool. Way to much to describe, you gotta see for yourself

VortecCaddy
10-24-08, 04:54 PM
Not cheap, but I feel that you can obtain a better tune using this system. I didnt like the having to data log then burn a chip, data log again burn a chip. I like being able to flash and go. To each is his own though.

I am still saving for one of those posi rears that you have!!

VortecCaddy
10-24-08, 04:57 PM
Plus the computer is 10x faster. My 7747 was like the first apple computer. Way too slow.

mgscustomtune
10-24-08, 10:02 PM
Its way easier just to do the prom

N0DIH
10-25-08, 02:50 AM
I have Moates AutoProm1 so I can do real time tuning of any of the supported ECM's too.