: On Board

bruff1977
09-04-08, 01:46 PM
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have been interested in the 2009 CTS-V for quite some time. So interested that, like most of you on the forum, have placed an order/deposit for the V, not knowing how much it will cost in July. I have investigated and researched my decision using this website and other car enthusiast publications/websites, and by the recent reviews I have made a good choice. I have ordered a Blue Diamond Tricoat V, automatic transmission, Ebony interior, Performance Package, and polished wheels. I hope to take delivery in December, being #1 at the dealership I am doing business with. I previously owned a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe, and I am an avid GM product follower. I look forward to sharing and receiving stories and advice on our experiences with this awesome automobile. Thanks,

urbanski
09-04-08, 02:27 PM
:cool:

Nutz
09-05-08, 12:51 AM
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have been interested in the 2009 CTS-V for quite some time. So interested that, like most of you on the forum, have placed an order/deposit for the V, not knowing how much it will cost in July. I have investigated and researched my decision using this website and other car enthusiast publications/websites, and by the recent reviews I have made a good choice. I have ordered a Blue Diamond Tricoat V, automatic transmission, Ebony interior, Performance Package, and polished wheels. I hope to take delivery in December, being #1 at the dealership I am doing business with. I previously owned a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe, and I am an avid GM product follower. I look forward to sharing and receiving stories and advice on our experiences with this awesome automobile. Thanks,

Are you from Cleveland, Ohio? if so, what dealership did you order from?:bouncy:

bruff1977
09-05-08, 11:19 AM
Crestmont Cadillac in Beachwood. My father mentioned Central, but I know a few salespeople at Crestmont. Unfortunately I don't know the salesman I'm doing business with. With all the recent talk of orders being accepted within the GM system, I will contact him shortly to receive an update on my order.

Nutz
09-05-08, 05:12 PM
Crestmont Cadillac in Beachwood. My father mentioned Central, but I know a few salespeople at Crestmont. Unfortunately I don't know the salesman I'm doing business with. With all the recent talk of orders being accepted within the GM system, I will contact him shortly to receive an update on my order.

Very cool. I know Jeff Firestone at Central. Mallett was supposed to see his by now but hasn't yet, and the Corsa family will probably wait until spring to r&d exhaust on one after a GMS plan opens up (hopefully). Just waiting for some seat time in a new one. The general opinion seems to be like a smooth rollercoaster acceleration, no violent chassis pounding feeling.
Good luck!!

Krug Ford
09-05-08, 06:09 PM
I will be discounting them too.. I have some extras and will sell below MSRP.. I am taking 1000.00 deposit.

I have some that are being built this month.

Scott

bruff1977
09-06-08, 01:54 AM
Very cool. I know Jeff Firestone at Central. Mallett was supposed to see his by now but hasn't yet, and the Corsa family will probably wait until spring to r&d exhaust on one after a GMS plan opens up (hopefully). Just waiting for some seat time in a new one. The general opinion seems to be like a smooth rollercoaster acceleration, no violent chassis pounding feeling.
Good luck!!

I was interested in replacing my 05 Cobalt SS/SC with the 09 SS/TC, and a rep from Corsa mentioned a free system if I would allow them to test my car(dimensions, dyno, etc.). Hopefully, they're doing this with the V. I've never been to Mallett, but I heard they shoehorned a LS7 into a Solstice!! The video on Inside Line just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand. All the reviews I've read so far are excellent.

Nutz
09-06-08, 09:53 AM
I was interested in replacing my 05 Cobalt SS/SC with the 09 SS/TC, and a rep from Corsa mentioned a free system if I would allow them to test my car(dimensions, dyno, etc.). Hopefully, they're doing this with the V. I've never been to Mallett, but I heard they shoehorned a LS7 into a Solstice!! The video on Inside Line just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand. All the reviews I've read so far are excellent.

That would be true. The Malletts took in somewhere in the neighborhood of 30+ orders of LS7 powered Solstices OR Sky's in 07. One just went to the United Emirates via cargo container with a tad over 1000 H.P. twin turboed! Chuck used to be my neighbor and Lance lives right down the street from me, when Lance drives home one of the heavily modded ones you swear the Air Force has landed something on your street! Look me up when you get the new 09V and I will take you over to their shop in Berea and show you the new 1000 H.P. 6 speed Mallett XLR-V they are working on now. It will probably get the next steel diff I build. We can also head down the street 1/4 mile to Corsa too, The Browning family that owns it are friends of mine also.

bruff1977
09-06-08, 05:09 PM
Will do. Maybe Jim Jr. can meet me at Crestmont on delivery, and transport it to Berea. I'll definately think about it. The stock exhaust sounds pretty good from all the video I've seen...

bruff1977
09-11-08, 05:37 PM
I received confirmation of my order being accepted. Production should start October 20th. I figure eight weeks after that I should expect delivery...