: touch up paint

09-03-08, 05:47 PM
a box in my garage fell on my car and made a small scratch...where can i get touch up paint from? it also has a small dent on fender...i can just take fender off and push it out right?

09-03-08, 06:58 PM
I would get the paint from the dealer, they will ask for your VIN or paint code and give you the exact match.

As far as the ding... can't imagine that it would be easy to take the fender off. I would bring car to a "dent wizard" and for $25-50 per dent depending on where you are, they will remove dent without ever removing anything from car. These guys are amazing... literally make a dent disappear, and it is an art, not easily accomplished by trying to replicate their tools and do it yourself. Best to wait till you have a few dents... which is bound to occur if car is a daily driver, and then just get them all removed at once.

09-04-08, 11:22 PM
thanks for paint info. i sure hope i dont get a few dents. i try really hard to avoid stuff like that. i park far in parking lots to avoid door dings. i hate that the most. lol