: 2009 CTS-V quick opinion

doc-V
09-03-08, 02:50 PM
Greetings all. I had the privilege of driving the 2009 CTS-V.
For comparison I drive a 2005 CTS-V with K&N intake, Corsa exhaust, Stealth-V ECU burn, and FG-2 suspension.

This new supercharged V is much faster and refined in all respects. That however may be modified later. This V did not have the Recaro seats or the optional leather dash. It had heated seats without the optional A/C ventilation.
The shift throw has been significantly shortened.
Steering input - Perfect.
Wheel - Cruise on left with part of information center.. on right of wheel is phone operation.
Brakes - Perfect.
Tires - 255/285 Michelin Runflats
Exhaust - Stock muted...like the first V.
Suspension - Phenomenal digital magic. Sport or Touring options.
Entry - Intelligent Key. Door handles are pull type now.
Interior - Befitting that of a car its cost and higher.
Audio - Bose again. 1 dvd/cd drive attached to a 40 gig HD. USB and IPOD connection as well as a headphones connection. Connectors under the center console armrest.
Glove box - slightly bigger.
Trunk - similar size to last...folding rear seats optional I believe .
Acceleration - Tremendous...ca. 4 seconds.
Gauges - Excellent...esp. with tach needle trailing lights and flashing shift suggestion. G-meter included. All gauges analog except middle Info center.
Wheels - V's.
Seating - Excellent driver's fit again. I am 5'10.
Rear seating - Will accommodate most adults.
Drive - Rear wheel. Wish it was AWD esp. being in Michigan.
Safety - Rear sonar only. No laser guided cruise.
Grill - Classic braided pattern...but now plastic.
Will try to post more pictures.

Cadillac Tony
09-03-08, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the writeup. Someone must have misinformed you about the equipment though, because the leather wrapped dash and ventilated seats are standard equipment on Vs.

Jpjr
09-03-08, 04:28 PM
sweet pic with V1 and V2 together! i think that is the first pic i have seen of both.

Nutz
09-03-08, 11:25 PM
I've seen the 09 in person twice, sat in it both times... I learned more about this car about ergonomics here than in person. Nice writeup! :thumbsup:

CIWS
09-04-08, 07:04 AM
Michelin Runflats - NOOOOOO No more runcraps Cadillac :mad:

terminal Velocity
09-04-08, 08:39 AM
Michelin Runflats - NOOOOOO No more runcraps Cadillac :mad:They're Michelins, not Goodyears. Makes a world of difference.

Florian
09-04-08, 09:18 AM
now it they'd just get rid of those retarded ghetto fender vents, we'd be all set.

F

odla
09-04-08, 10:54 AM
were can i get the big res pictures?

CIWS
09-04-08, 01:24 PM
They're Michelins, not Goodyears. Makes a world of difference.

Most run craps have terrible wear and are expensive to replace. Michelin tires are not inexpensive in any form, albeit most are great tires, I'm betting their run craps are still pricey and don't last very long.

noelvm
09-04-08, 06:15 PM
To those who have seen it. Is there a pilar between the front and rear window? I still can't tell from the available photos.

noelvm

noelvm
09-04-08, 07:21 PM
I'm refering to the coupe.
noelvm

jasaero
09-04-08, 07:28 PM
I'm refering to the coupe.
noelvm

Yes, there is. BUT, the glass work was done in a way that hides it. It's not a true hardtop, but from the latest spy pictures it seems they are doing a very stand up job making it look just like a hardtop from the outside.

Once you have non-tinted standard versions around it will probably be more obvious it's not a hardtop.