: Please Help P300

ssplumb
09-03-08, 02:58 AM
Please Help. I purchased a 99 sts with 110000 I was told it had a repaired cracked block. I should have bought the Brooklyn bridge!! Seven days after I bought it I think the head gasket blew. I was getting the random misfire code. I just had the engine replaced which cost just about what I paid for the car and I am having the same problem. New (used engine) new wires, new plugs, replaced coil packs I also had them checked at advance auto all good. I had the module tested was told it was good. Still same problem. The car does not like to start idles rough as hell. If i turn the car off and start it right away it will start ok. I pulled the wires one at a time I did not notice a change. When I am driving it runs ok, if I sit at a light it will bounce. Please help i can not stand waiting hard earned money.

THANK YOU,

Scott

Submariner409
09-03-08, 09:53 AM
Make very, very sure that the coils and plug wires are set up according to the diagram........important.

Ranger
09-03-08, 12:32 PM
Cracked block is unlikely. Head gaskets where probably blown when you bought it. They don't just blow. It's a slow process. Are you overheating? Using coolant? Running rich? Running lean? Have you pulled the DTC's?