: Radio Control Settings--NEEDS TO BE LOUDER

kjanks
09-02-08, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone...Happy owner of a 2005 STS4. I have navigation and I am wondering if there is a limiter on the volume for the bose system? It is loud but never loud enough...sometimes I like to blast the music. I noticed in the radio control settings that the last feature looks like a sound symbol and its shaded out....even in park I cannot adjust it. Does anyone know if this car has a sound limiter on it? My gto did but that was a blaupunkt radio....please help! Thanks!! :confused::o

atraumanurse
09-11-08, 08:22 AM
Volume depends on source of signal and how it was recorded. There are limits to the volume to prevent speaker damage. I have mp3's that almost play soft and some that will vibrate all the windows and rearview mirrors. If you like window shuttering music turn the base and midrange all the way up

Angus Young
09-11-08, 08:44 PM
Greeting's I have a 05 STS with NAV and when I set the tone controls & save the settings I find that they will stay that way sometimes for a day or 2 then return to the middle position, I also can set the tone and while changeing channels the tone resets itself back to the flat or middle position, am I missing something in the save settings menu?

Thanxx

Cliff8928
09-12-08, 02:53 AM
The tone settings are saved per radio preset.

nguyendot
09-16-08, 12:48 PM
That last symbol is the surround effect. It is only in effect with surround/effects modes.

Close your windows and it will be plenty loud. This car isnt made to blast, it's made to roll down the road in style, not wake the neighbors. Want loud? go aftermarket (waste of money in this car).