: new steering wheel

seanandniksts4
09-01-08, 05:37 PM
i have an 06 sts and hate that i cannot go from preset radio station to preset station with the steering wheel up/down button, i can only go to the next available station, if i replace my steering wheel with a steering wheel from an 08 sts will this fix my problem? will there be any problems from doing this ? will everything else still work like usual?

Benjamin Simon
09-01-08, 05:57 PM
i have an 06 sts and hate that i cannot go from preset radio station to preset station with the steering wheel up/down button, i can only go to the next available station, if i replace my steering wheel with a steering wheel from an 08 sts will this fix my problem? will there be any problems from doing this ? will everything else still work like usual?

Yes this will fix the problem, but from my understanding, it would just be cheaper to pay MSRP for a new one opposed to spending it on R&D and parts to accomplish this.

However, is is very annoying.

seanandniksts4
09-01-08, 06:11 PM
well i just bought a 08 cashmere sts steeriing wheel on ebay for $120. ad says it will interchange with my 06 or money back, but there is no airbag in it, can i remove the airbag from my 06 wheel and put it in this 08 wheel? also my wheel is heated and do not know if this one is? is this going to be a problem?

MARKVIII
09-02-08, 06:27 AM
I cannot believe someone would go threw all the trouble and expense to have a steering wheel that changes presets. I mean who listens to the radio anymore anyway? It's all crap. With ipod's, XM, and MP3 CD'S who needs it??

Mplsspyder
09-05-08, 05:51 PM
I mean who listens to the radio anymore anyway? It's all crap. With ipod's, XM, and MP3 CD'S who needs it??

I guess some people think different.
http://www.startribune.com/local/27914604.html