: Head gaskets X 2

derck_mullin
08-29-08, 01:48 PM
OK, I got the car with 265K miles for a beater/daily driver. Anyway the front HG is blown...again. I got the car Bcuz the records showed the HGs had been replaced at around 150K miles. Sooooo...if the block has been serted and it has blown again can it be redone or is the whole motor/block toast? I hate to fork out the $$$ for a new motor (well a replacement) if this one can be fixed. It's an extra car so time isn't a factor and I think it would be fun to tear it apart and put it back together (I'm a sadomasochist that way :thepan:).

Thanks all!

bigdog9586
08-29-08, 02:05 PM
Help me, What does this have to do with the STS? There are plenty of other sites that would be a lot more of help in your problem than here.

urbanski
08-29-08, 03:15 PM
year/make/model

derck_mullin
08-29-08, 04:22 PM
OOPS, sorry about that. Car is a 94 STS Northstar w/265K miles (yep, that's correct). Umm, BigDog if you don't know anything about headgasket problems and NStar motors you are in for a RUDE awakening.

Anyway, does anyone know if this is a problem that can be fixed?

Thanks again and hopefully I'm in the right spot now...

Derck

urbanski
08-29-08, 04:38 PM
OOPS, sorry about that. Car is a 94 STS Northstar w/265K miles (yep, that's correct). Umm, BigDog if you don't know anything about headgasket problems and NStar motors you are in for a RUDE awakening.

you had posted this in 05+ STS so he was right

derck_mullin
08-29-08, 04:44 PM
Umm, OK. Notice the "OOPS" in the beginning of the post? And since he said I was basically on the wrong site I don't see that I was wrong per se...:stirpot:

Now that that is done, does anyone know the answer to the question?

zonie77
08-29-08, 05:06 PM
It can be redone. Until you take it apart you can't be positive it has to be reserted. At 100+k since they were done it's possible it's just a leaking HG.

I would suspect it might need to be done though.

Ranger
08-29-08, 05:30 PM
If it was Timeserted and they failed (not common) you have one more chance. You will have to use a "Big Sert" (oversized Timesert)

derck_mullin
08-29-08, 07:51 PM
OK, thanks guys...where does one look exactly for the big serts?

Ranger
08-29-08, 08:50 PM
http://www.timesert.com

derck_mullin
08-29-08, 10:32 PM
Awesome, thanks Ranger