: HID low beam only so many K's?

gubten
08-28-08, 07:54 PM
2005 AWD V8 STS. Stock D1S HID....are not all D1S's the same? I'm trying to replace with Xenon D1S 10000k, but they don't work. They look identical...I don't get it...same voltage, same connector. bought from emetrodirect on Ebay. Maybe I can't go that high in k's? Anyone else try to go higher that 6000? I don't know what the issue is. any help would be great

thanks

gubten
08-28-08, 09:01 PM
Update: I guess that all D1S's *should* work..perhaps it wasn't dark enough when I had them in (still daylight into dusk) ..Does it give more power to them when it's darker?

rb92gt
08-28-08, 09:30 PM
Any luck with the lights in the dark? 10K aren't as bright, but still should notice them on in the daylight I would think (standing in front of the car of course, not actually lighting up the road).

nguyendot
08-29-08, 11:35 AM
They always run at the same power - 35w.

the K value should have no effect on whether they work or not. Probably a wiring issue. Turn your automatic wipers on - that will guarantee they'll be on :)

gubten
09-02-08, 09:47 PM
got one side working . the pins were off enough that they needed to be *adjusted* a bit..the other, well i guess i'm gonna need a new exciter..the fuses are good and swapped bulbs work in the other side...anything else it could be? also, why did the little bottom light stop working,...even on the one that is good. it that a reflection of an actual separate light?