: GM Releases: New CTS-V Photos--Good Ones!

Greg*
08-28-08, 04:50 PM
Photos (http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/gm-releases-new-cts-v-photos-good-ones-68577/#post1495603)

Cadillac Tony
08-28-08, 05:44 PM
I'm lovin' the red calipers. Judging by the gold V on them, I'm guessing that one's seen some pretty good track use. :D

The Crystal Red doing the burnout just replaced Heinricy on the 'Ring as my new desktop.

dqw1
08-28-08, 06:29 PM
It would be nice if the calipers matched the body colors.

FrgMstr
08-28-08, 06:32 PM
Those red calipers will not be around too long before they black black black.

v84life
08-28-08, 06:46 PM
Those are the first blue shots I've seen. I was thinking grey or silver again but the blue might get me to rethink:confused:

Thanks for the link:thumbsup:

CIWS
08-28-08, 07:22 PM
Those red calipers will not be around too long before they black black black.

Take it to a good day running on the track. I doubt they will be red anymore :D

StealthViggen
08-28-08, 11:13 PM
Holy Redline Hotness Batman!! I was thinking Diamond White when I upgrade, but Redline is starting to grow on me.

V-Love
08-29-08, 02:27 AM
I think I like the CTS front end a little better. The V fogs look funny. Tiny little lights in a big, black, square.
Are those supposed to pop out for the new intake option?
Looks like the other forum is down. People know what they are now. I remember when they were true sleepers.

NormV
08-29-08, 08:36 AM
The two piece rotors are not production rotors. :)

Norm

Kadonny
08-29-08, 09:20 AM
Ok, that Crystal Red is hot!

gothicaleigh
08-29-08, 09:38 AM
The two piece rotors are not production rotors. :)
Norm

I believe I read Lutz somewhere saying that there were going to be all kinds of dealer-installed upgrades available this time around. The GM dealer will be your warranty-covered tuner shop. Those brakes may be one of those upgrades. I'll see if I can find a link...

NormV
08-29-08, 06:23 PM
MT article mentions a track package that is optional. AMG does this on some their models also.

Thanks for the heads up,

Norm

I believe I read Lutz somewhere saying that there were going to be all kinds of dealer-installed upgrades available this time around. The GM dealer will be your warranty-covered tuner shop. Those brakes may be one of those upgrades. I'll see if I can find a link...

MauiV
08-29-08, 08:10 PM
Gen II looks best in black too!!!!

Me Wanna A V
08-30-08, 10:14 PM
Has anyone snapped a shot of a White one yet?
I read that there was a white one cruising around, hopefully someone will get a pic of it.
That Blue does look nice. Black looks mean, but I will never own another black car again.:thehand: O.C.D and owning a black car don't mix well!!!!!

Krug Ford
09-03-08, 02:06 PM
I saw a white one and it looked good.

I am starting to second guess what color I want to get.

Me Wanna A V
09-03-08, 03:19 PM
I saw a white one and it looked good.

I am starting to second guess what color I want to get.

Tell me about it! Thunder Gray, Blue Diamond, White?
Those would be my choices.
Still gotta see a white one!

bruff1977
09-04-08, 12:58 PM
I wonder if you can purchase the track package and do a swap-out when you're going to the track? I know it's pricey to do the swap, but what's the point of using your track-ready brake package on the way TO the track? For those that are purchasing the V just for the track, I'm guessing they have the means to do a swap, or at least have transport for their vehicle...

concorso
09-04-08, 04:36 PM
I know it's pricey to do the swap, but what's the point of using your track-ready brake package on the way TO the track? To stop for red lights, stop signs, etc... :)

Why wouldn't you use you track ready brake package on the street? Until they say the pads arent fit for the street, Im assuming they'll be should be fine. The rotors aren't carbon ceramic.

I can't see many buying this car just for the track, it doeesn't make any sense...

Nutz
09-06-08, 10:42 PM
I find myself revisiting these high-res pics often...:cloud9:

Thanks "Greg*"... And :welcome:

Naf
09-08-08, 10:47 PM
I dont know, the pics are nice, but i was expectin a WOW from the car...

Engine wise i can always slap in a SC forged 6.0 that puts out that much power...Copy the hood and have my V1 version of the V3...

Florian
09-08-08, 11:41 PM
I dont know, the pics are nice, but i was expectin a WOW from the car...

Engine wise i can always slap in a SC forged 6.0 that puts out that much power...Copy the hood and have my V1 version of the V3...

you forgot the 10K rearend upgrade to handle it all....

F

CadzillaTN
03-04-09, 08:13 PM
AWESOME...:drool::drool::drool:

I saw a black one last October and it looked great. I'd love to have the blue..with window chrome trim removed, along with those side vents.