: My Caddy REJECTED!!!

DopeStar 156
06-13-04, 02:04 PM
:madtalkin I was at a car show near me the other day and these guys do this show weekly. They had a lot of nice cars there, a lot of classics and a lot of newer rides too. I saw slim to no Cadillacs there so I decided to sign my '89 Brougham d'Elegance up for their next show. Their show rules are 1979 or older, unless there's something special about the car. Ok fine I understand those rules, but did other people?! Among the classics I saw the following rule breakers.

'97 Camaro, ALL STOCK!!!
'80 Malibu, had shaved emblems and purple paint. THAT'S IT!!!
'02 Trans Am, ALSO ALL STOCK!!!
'87 Camaro, had chromed wide rims. Oooooohh.....:rolleyes2
'01 Mustang, converted into a cop car.......so? I've seen those used in high speed chases when the Crown Victorias aren't fast enough.

:rant2: WHAT THE HELL?!?!

There were also a lot of new 'vettes but the show is put on by a 'vette club so any year of those is permitted. My Brougham is older than half those cars and is in immaculate condition inside and out. I saw nothing special about those cars that would cause mine to be rejected from the show. Damnit!

ShadowLvr400
06-13-04, 03:50 PM
I dont know what to tell you man. I actually had some difficulty getting my 97 into a show once. Course when I purged in the guy's face, he was ticked, but had to admit it was unique. :)

eckripsguts
06-13-04, 07:11 PM
its probably one of those "gotta know somebody" type of things

Ralph
06-13-04, 07:31 PM
It's their loss.

Msilva954
06-13-04, 09:29 PM
Just think of yourself as being better. :)

DopeStar 156
06-13-04, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I am better....*Sniffle*

I wanna find a Cadillac exclusive show where anyone with one can just pull up and show off. If anyone has any knowledge of any I live in northern NJ near NY. Or even if anyone on here is trying to start their own I'll happily park my car in your show. Just let me know.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
06-14-04, 12:55 PM
I had to convince a show to let me in as a modified european... i said that my cts is pretty close to an opel