: Actually placing the order

chris1268
08-27-08, 01:01 PM
I have had my deposit down on the v2 for about 9 months now and I just recieved a call from the dealer to finally come in and get my order placed and get my order number. I specifically asked on the phone what the anticipated delivery date was and he responded "Should be the 2nd week in October". Who knows if that is accurate but for me personally it's finally something new and some forward progress. I am heading up at lunch to place the order and I will let everyone know if I get anymore info.

Kmajecki
08-27-08, 01:03 PM
...and still no price with delivery in 6 weeks. BOOOOOOO

CIWS
08-27-08, 01:45 PM
Don't know if the ordering ability is actually in the system yet. Some dealerships up to this point have been acting like their placing them, but in truth it goes nowhere.

Cadillac Tony
08-27-08, 01:59 PM
They've been in the system for a while now, but there's no price and you can't actually order one yet since they're on constraint. National availability as of this morning is 0.

Jpjr
08-27-08, 02:09 PM
They've been in the system for a while now, but there's no price and you can't actually order one yet since they're on constraint. National availability as of this morning is 0.

That pic is a week old, so you are sure nothing opened up today? Just confirming.

Cadillac Tony
08-27-08, 02:13 PM
The report is updated weekly, so the new data won't be available until tomorrow. Considering that the length of the constraint is "Greater than 4 weeks", I doubt there will be a change.

I hope I'm wrong, believe me.

FrgMstr
08-27-08, 02:23 PM
Do we know what colors the car will be available in and the codes? Was looking to see if the Black Ice was available for the V.

Jpjr
08-27-08, 02:36 PM
The report is updated weekly, so the new data won't be available until tomorrow. Considering that the length of the constraint is "Greater than 4 weeks", I doubt there will be a change.

I hope I'm wrong, believe me.

I guess if it were me, I wouldn't start taking orders until the blast of car rags come out on the V over the next month. The four month thing actually makes sense even though I hope you are wrong too!

CIWS
08-27-08, 02:49 PM
Do we know what colors the car will be available in and the codes? Was looking to see if the Black Ice was available for the V.

Info posted here mate :D

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1614726-post195.html

chris1268
08-27-08, 03:32 PM
Ok so I got some more info. Apparently becuase of previous "V" sales, this dealership is getting early ordering. They are only getting to order "3" of their allotment early. Since I was first on the list and a prior customer, mine was taken today and being placed tomorrow. He said the builds are beginning in the next 2 weeks. I did see the ordering screen and options. I'm getting a Black Ice with black interior, polished wheels, Ricaro Seats, Nav, and sunroof. I know; boo to the sunroof, but I'm driving this car daily so I wanted it despite the extra weight. The dealer is sticking to his guns on a mid October delivery. Still no pricing though - sorry guys. As soon as I hear something on the pricing I will be sure to post it.

FrgMstr
08-27-08, 04:03 PM
Info posted here mate :D

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1614726-post195.html

Thanks bro! Maybe I learn to use the search one day.

2009 CTS-V COLOR CHOICES

Exterior

-(17U) Radiant Silver
-(30U) Thunder Gray Chromaflair*
-(41U) Black Raven
-(58U) Black Ice* (not available at SOP)
-(89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat*
-(96U) Blue Diamond TriCoat*
-(98U) White Diamond TriCoat*

*Denotes an additional charge

Seems as though the Black Ice will not be available for a while. Hmmm, what to do.

FrgMstr
08-27-08, 04:05 PM
Ok so I got some more info. Apparently becuase of previous "V" sales, this dealership is getting early ordering. They are only getting to order "3" of their allotment early. Since I was first on the list and a prior customer, mine was taken today and being placed tomorrow. He said the builds are beginning in the next 2 weeks. I did see the ordering screen and options. I'm getting a Black Ice with black interior, polished wheels, Ricaro Seats, Nav, and sunroof. I know; boo to the sunroof, but I'm driving this car daily so I wanted it despite the extra weight. The dealer is sticking to his guns on a mid October delivery. Still no pricing though - sorry guys. As soon as I hear something on the pricing I will be sure to post it.

My dealer told me today that the system would not accept and order on Black Ice. Can you confirm that your order is Black Ice and it will be produced soon? Does your color code jive with the quoted color above? Thanks.

Florian
08-27-08, 04:11 PM
black ice not available on the V....only Raven Black....sorry. you can sunroof delete if youre ordering....I smell BS>

Also, you wont see your car til Nov....I gar-on-tee.

F

CIWS
08-27-08, 04:19 PM
I did see the ordering screen and options.

Truth is I don't know your dealership and situation, but I will tell you I also was shown the screen, but all "options" were only on the sales managers computer and they could select things, but it goes into space (nowhere) because the system wasn't actually accepting them yet. It just looked good.

CIWS
08-27-08, 04:21 PM
Thanks bro! Maybe I learn to use the search one day.

I just happened to remember where Tony posted that. The search can be ominous looking for things.

luckydaughter
08-27-08, 04:34 PM
I have had my deposit down on the v2 for about 9 months now and I just recieved a call from the dealer to finally come in and get my order placed and get my order number. I specifically asked on the phone what the anticipated delivery date was and he responded "Should be the 2nd week in October". Who knows if that is accurate but for me personally it's finally something new and some forward progress. I am heading up at lunch to place the order and I will let everyone know if I get anymore info.

I just ordered my CTS-V today. My dealer said 2nd week of November. NO price as yet! Crazy,huh?

luckydaughter
08-27-08, 04:42 PM

Nope- just black, white, a metallic blue, red and silver.

luckydaughter
08-27-08, 04:49 PM
Are you sure it's Black Ice? I just ordered mine and the dealer said Ice wasnt available on the V, so I ordered Black Raven. Would you check this out for me?????? and let me know asap. Thanks.

luckydaughter
08-27-08, 04:55 PM
black ice not available on the V....only Raven Black....sorry. you can sunroof delete if youre ordering....I smell BS>

F

Was told the Thunder Gray wasnt available on the V. Please let me know as I just put my order in for Blk Raven. Sadly no Blk Ice. Why is there so many discrepancies with color slection??? HELP!

FrgMstr
08-27-08, 04:57 PM
No Black Ice currently. Dealer just called and confirmed. Said there were issues with the Black Ice paint and I could wait but no ETA would be given. Black Raven for me.

Jpjr
08-27-08, 05:05 PM
Are the raven and ice that much different?

FrgMstr
08-27-08, 05:14 PM
Are the raven and ice that much different?

Yeah, they really are. The current CTS comes in both, you can go to the dealer and see for yourself. The Black Ice looks to have glass chips in it when you get up closer and has a lot of sparkle to it. I like the Black Ice better and it will likely hide dirt/scratches a lot better, but I am not going to wait.

FrgMstr
08-27-08, 05:27 PM
Got my Order #!

Black Raven on black Recaro interior.
Automatic
Ultraview Roof
Nav & Bose
Polished Wheels

chris1268
08-27-08, 05:28 PM
I just called and asked him about the color. The site was down in the middle of our order and still is not back up so as soon as he puts it in he is going to let me know. Very disappointing though. I don't like the black Raven as much but I'm not waiting just for a color choice.

chris1268
08-27-08, 05:30 PM

F

Seems funny that several are getting orders today - but I guess as you put it, it's BS. Swing by Chicago some day before November and I'll give you a ride.

CIWS
08-27-08, 06:11 PM
It's always possible that today has opened things up in the system. When we looked it was about 3-4 weeks ago.

Edit - My local guy says they've been able to place 3 orders since yesterday. Production date is 20 Oct.

luckydaughter
08-27-08, 06:23 PM
Got my Order #!

Automatic
Ultraview Roof
Nav & Bose
Polished Wheels

I just ordered the twin of your vehicle. Let's see the actual delivery and of course the bottom line ($). Congratulations to US!!!

CIWS
08-27-08, 06:29 PM

CwIvBNsSywQ

FrgMstr
08-27-08, 07:07 PM
I just ordered the twin of your vehicle. Let's see the actual delivery and of course the bottom line ($). Congratulations to US!!!

Back at you bro. :worship: We are now gawds. :histeric:

Check out the plates I got for my new V.

http://www.hummercommunity.com/files/hfpics/09vee.jpg

Got these for the Hummer as well, which is blacked out.

http://www.hummercommunity.com/files/hfpics/HMR%2001.jpg

I hate our damn bright white stock Texas plates. You can check all the Texas plates out at www.myplates.com. Fun for making stuff up. :)

Cadillac Tony
08-27-08, 10:05 PM
Nope- just black, white, a metallic blue, red and silver.

Are you sure it's Black Ice? I just ordered mine and the dealer said Ice wasnt available on the V, so I ordered Black Raven. Would you check this out for me?????? and let me know asap. Thanks.

Was told the Thunder Gray wasnt available on the V. Please let me know as I just put my order in for Blk Raven. Sadly no Blk Ice. Why is there so many discrepancies with color slection??? HELP!

*sigh*

2009 CTS-V COLOR CHOICES

Exterior

-(17U) Radiant Silver
-(41U) Black Raven

Tomorrow is the day we do our consensus for the next ordering cycle, at which point I'll find out if cars are orderable at this point.

Florian
08-27-08, 11:18 PM
Seems funny that several are getting orders today - but I guess as you put it, it's BS. Swing by Chicago some day before November and I'll give you a ride.

Theyll take your money all day long....you wont see your car until Nov. Youll be 1000 status for a LONG time.....

DAMHIK

F

Florian
08-27-08, 11:21 PM
*sigh*

2009 CTS-V COLOR CHOICES

Exterior

-(17U) Radiant Silver
-(41U) Black Raven

Tomorrow is the day we do our consensus for the next ordering cycle, at which point I'll find out if cars are orderable at this point.

Tony,

Correct me if Im wrong, but the Online ordering and ref guide states that Black ice isnt available for the V....am I missing something>?

F

Jpjr
08-28-08, 12:51 AM
i would love some more substantial confirmation on whether or not orders are being accepted. seems strange to accept without pricing although not impossible. i hate to start spamming my local dealers if this is all misinfo.

Cadillac Tony
08-28-08, 01:10 AM
Tony,

Correct me if Im wrong, but the Online ordering and ref guide states that Black ice isnt available for the V....am I missing something>?

F

It shows as an orderable color in the Dealer system, even though this contradicts the online guide- I attached a picture straight from the order screen so you can see for yourself. Either the ordering guide is wrong, or it will be updated mid-cycle with a footnote to the extent of "Black Ice no longer listed as 'not available' on CTS-V".

Either way, I've been told it won't be available at start of production.

FrgMstr
08-28-08, 03:31 AM
Either way, I've been told it won't be available at start of production.

I was told I could order Black Ice, but I was also told that it would not be produced immediately. No ETA was given.

noelvm
08-28-08, 07:21 AM
My dealership called me yesterday and said they could finally place an order for the V sedan and that they were promised 2 or 3 and I was top on the list if I wanted one.

I asked how much and they said they didn't have a price. I asked about delivery and they said they didn't know but probably around Christmas was a realistic date.

I told them thanks but no thanks but I wanted a coupe. They said they had no information that a coupe V would ever be built. I told them, at this time, I would wait and see as I was not really interested in spending $70K for a car I only half wanted.

I told them if anyone ordered one with the Recaro seats to call me when it came in so I could sit in them and see if I wanted them in my coupe if they ever build it. My guy said ok.

In the meantime I will just be happy beating the s@#t out of my CTS lease car. LOL

noelvm

CIWS
08-28-08, 09:16 AM
I told them thanks but no thanks but I wanted a coupe. They said they had no information that a coupe V would ever be built.

There are "spy shots" of the CTC-V out there being driven around and shots showing a little more of the standard Coupe unmasked now. Reference them to the CTC-V article and pics. :)

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-v-coupe.html

Cadillac Tony
08-28-08, 10:37 AM
A few preferred Dealers including myself were able to sneak orders in late yesterday, so a certain lucky CF member's order is now in the system :D.

As Florian said, they'll probably sit at 1100 status for a while (Preliminary Order Accepted), but at least it's in the system and moving forward. Next up: MSRP. :lol:

chris1268
08-28-08, 10:46 AM
A few preferred Dealers including myself were able to sneak orders in late yesterday, so a certain lucky CF member's order is now in the system :D.

As Florian said, they'll probably sit at 1100 status for a while (Preliminary Order Accepted), but at least it's in the system and moving forward. Next up: MSRP. :lol:

Thanks Tony......I guess that means my dealership could be telling me the partial truth at least.

Jpjr
08-28-08, 11:13 AM
so it turns out orders could be placed yesterday after all. thanks for confirming.

Cadillac Tony
08-28-08, 11:20 AM
You're welcome.

For those who have placed orders, don't get too excited thinking that it means they'll be building your car immediately. These preliminary orders will sit for a while before production of Dealer inventory begins, so consider it your "official" spot in line more than anything else.

FrgMstr
08-28-08, 03:43 PM
My dealer has stuck with this answer since two weeks ago and has not lead me to believe anything different. :) And I still like having an order number in too.

GOOD NEWS!

CTS-V will start production on Oct 20th! (Earlier than was expected!).

urbanski
08-28-08, 04:06 PM
so a certain lucky CF member's order is now in the system :D.

:
thx dude, 'preciate it

Florian
08-28-08, 05:39 PM
what, no ZR1 Urby?

F

CIWS
08-28-08, 05:49 PM
what, no ZR1 Urby?

F

He wantz De Porcha :D

Cadillac Tony
08-28-08, 06:50 PM
Porcha dude's car also got ordered yesterday. I wouldn't hold my breath for that one to come in on trade, though- he'll probably trade twice between now and November. Seriously. :lol:

noelvm
08-28-08, 07:22 PM
There are "spy shots" of the CTC-V out there being driven around and shots showing a little more of the standard Coupe unmasked now. Reference them to the CTC-V article and pics. :)

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-v-coupe.html

The above are test cars and proto types and there is no guarantee that they will ever be production vehicles and Cadillac in their "infinate wisdom" isn't saying anything, as usual.

I think if they don't make the coupe, I've found a 1970 SS Chevelle locally. All it needs is some work and a 572. :D:D:D

noelvm

CIWS
08-28-08, 08:00 PM
The above are test cars and proto types and there is no guarantee that they will ever be production vehicles and Cadillac in their "infinate wisdom" isn't saying anything, as usual.

I think if they don't make the coupe, I've found a 1970 SS Chevelle locally. All it needs is some work and a 572. :D:D:D

noelvm

Here's more for you.

http://jalopnik.com/5043084/cadillac-cts+v-coupe-what-to-expect-from-the-up+powered-caddy-two+door

I guess you'll have to wait till NAIAS 09 before you feel comfortable.

noelvm
08-28-08, 09:38 PM
Here's more for you.

http://jalopnik.com/5043084/cadillac-cts+v-coupe-what-to-expect-from-the-up+powered-caddy-two+door

I guess you'll have to wait till NAIAS 09 before you feel comfortable.

LOL!!!! I'll feel confortable when it's sitting in my garage. :D

noelvm

paulsV06
09-01-08, 05:55 PM
Placed my order in the computer last week. I guess I should say preorder since the computer has not pulled the order yet. I went with red tintcoat, no sunroof, premium bose system, no nav., automatic( tough call on that one), and polished wheels.. Never open my sunroof now and had trouble with it pulling up at speed, have a portable nav. unit so I hope I went with everything that I will be happy with. Of course no info. on pricing or delivery date.

Player87
09-02-08, 02:59 PM
Hi,
i am from germany and i am very new in this board, but i want to buy a cts-v in one year or 1.5 years.

at the moment i am on hollydays in abu dhabi (uae) and i visited a local cadillac dealer today and i saw the new cts.

i asked how much the 2009 cts-v would be and when it will be in the store.

he went back and came after 2 minutes back and said. the price in the uae for the 2009 cts-v would be 75000USD and will be in stores at the end of january 2009 or beginning of february 2009.

bruff1977
09-04-08, 03:13 PM
Fortunately for me, I was "told" I am #1 at the dealership I went to in Cleveland. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about my order being accepted in GM's system lately. I just hope they extend the Employee pricing to the end of the year...

jashearer
09-04-08, 04:42 PM
Placed my order in the computer last week. I guess I should say preorder since the computer has not pulled the order yet. I went with red tintcoat, no sunroof, premium bose system, no nav., automatic( tough call on that one), and polished wheels.. Never open my sunroof now and had trouble with it pulling up at speed, have a portable nav. unit so I hope I went with everything that I will be happy with. Of course no info. on pricing or delivery date.

No Nav????

I think that's a mistake for resale, but if you aren't worried about it. I wonder how much extra the Nav will be...

I'm also a used car guy, so I don't end up paying the big premium to add the option onto a new car...

Jay

Mixdoctor
09-04-08, 06:25 PM

No offense but having a portable Nav in a $70K car just doesn't look right :o

HPCC
09-13-08, 04:14 PM
2009 CTS-V COLOR CHOICES

Exterior

-(17U) Radiant Silver
-(41U) Black Raven

Hello everyone, coming back after a hiatus. I had the pleasure of driving an '04 CTS as a company car for 2 years; went on to other cars since then but I've just been informed that I won't be getting another one starting next year...which is fine by me since I'm really interested in (more like lusting after) the new CTS-V.

Question: has anyone seen Blue Diamond "in the tin?" Is it anything like Blue Chip on the standard model? Or is it more like a medium denim-like blue like I think I might've seen (or imagined) in some photos recently? My '04 CTS was in Blue Chip and I really liked it in that color.

Another thing I wanted to run by you fellow enthusiasts: I've always bought manual transmission equipped cars for my own personal use (still have my '90 Miata for pure driving therapy)--it was a no-brainer on many levels for me...until now. I'm torn: this is not your grandfather's automatic--adaptive algorithms, matching revs on downshift, no upshift override, and...it's slightly quicker than the manual despite being slightly heavier. Less hassle in stop-and-go traffic appeals to the old(er) fart in me and its top speed of 175 seems more than plenty (as demoed by Heinricy on the 'Ring!). But a manual has such visceral appeal; the "no-lift" feature sounds really interesting! I know the final choice is mine, but I was just wondering if any of you mulled/are mulling over this fundamental feature as much as I am?

Cadillac Tony
09-13-08, 04:30 PM
Welcome back!

See this thread for the discussion on Manual vs. Auto: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/140355-stick-paddles.html

The Blue Diamond is nothing like Blue Chip- it's not only much lighter, but also has lots of Gold metal flake in the paint. I'd recommend driving to a local Dealer and checking it out on a DTS before ordering it, because it's one of those "love it or hate it" colors. A few customers love it, while one told me it looked like a bass boat. :lol:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=709

HPCC
09-13-08, 05:17 PM
Thanks Tony! erm...I see what you mean :D

I'm off to check that thread out...

Edit: That thread was just what I was looking for--thanks again. My initial search pulled up pages and pages of hits...

HPCC
09-17-08, 08:09 PM
Wow, this is happening so fast! I just put my deposit down yesterday and my dealer called and took my order today:

Thunder Gray
Ebony/Ebony
Recaro seats
Bose with Nav and 40GB HDD
Sueded steering and shift
Polished wheels (normally don't go for polished, but these seem to tie in well with the color and the brightwork--and lots of voided area to show off those BFRs)
Automatic (agonized over this--head vs. heart...)
Sunroof delete (never use the ones in two of my other cars anymore)

My dealer said their initial allocation was 5; Mine will be #2! :thumbsup:

crestmont
09-19-08, 12:39 AM
Fortunately for me, I was "told" I am #1 at the dealership I went to in Cleveland. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about my order being accepted in GM's system lately. I just hope they extend the Employee pricing to the end of the year...

The Blue Diamond vehicle has been ordered with a TPW of 10/20. I'll make sure Bill calls you.