: Some cool and classic Concepts from Lincoln

Playdrv4me
06-13-04, 04:20 AM
http://www.lincoln.com/other/interior.asp?sSection=about&sSubSection=802L

Alot of these vehicles have a distinctly classic car flavor to them.. i.e. quad headlamps, lots of chrome on the grilles, it would be really exciting to see if this stuff makes it to production , ESPECIALLY the Mark 9 and the Continental.

I think that this is further proof that Ford is really making a decent attempt at expanding the Lincoln brand and bringing it out of the death slump it was in as recently as 2 years ago, and this of course, will really help all domestics in some small way.

Msilva954
06-13-04, 08:38 AM
They have some really nice concepts which will be good competition for Cadillac....Heres my take:
Mark LT- This actully looks great even though it is just a F150 w/nicer amenities (Yukon/Escalade style) Maybe it will be at market w/the new Hurricane Engine or at least the new 6sp.
Continental- This is their best concept and this one will be finished for production by 06-07 is what I hear.....Itll probably have a more refined version of the 5.4l or maybe a Jag Developed engine.I hear this will be their new flagship above the TownCar...So this will be Lincolns STS.....up to $70,000 is what I heard.
Mark IX- Im pretty sure this will be built, I think it will be enough change to differanciat it from the Thunderbird.
Navicross- I think this will be the style of the new LS which is supposedly going upmarket.
Zypher- This is a beauty too, for being FWD wAWD option and about 230-240 hp from the 3.0, I think they have a great entry level car.
Aviator- I think this is better then the current one, and it will have a better style....no matter FWD or AWD it will prove to be a good challenger to the RX330 and others.

Overall I think Lincoln will come out looking greatwithin the next 3-4 yrs. If their cars come out looking like that and after I own a 01-04 Deville for a couple, I think I will change to Lincolns because I am likeing their classy designs more so then the modern ones from caddy.

Randy_W
06-13-04, 01:10 PM
Looks like they are going to use the F-150 drive train in thier "luxury" pick up! Didn't a Ford fan just make the statement the other day that there should be a major difference in the standard line and the luxury line?? I think it was something like;" the Escalade is too much like the Yukon". Oh well I'm sure there will be a 'yea, but' to cover this as well!:rolleyes:

MMNineInchNails
06-13-04, 01:42 PM
The only O.K. one was the continental. I think bringing back suicide doors is awesome, but that car is so fugly. I wouldn't own any of them, i'd go for the real thing if i wanted it to look like that. What's up with everyone remaking the old classic cars into new modern technology? Now you can tell that they've really ran out of ideas.

Msilva954
06-13-04, 02:30 PM
Randy, what happend to being a American car fan....now im a Ford fan??? If you even read my post you would relize it says "looks great even though it is just an F150 w/amenities(yukon/Escalade)." And hopefully it will have a different drivetrain (6sp), still more then the Escalade/Yukon.

Im done/wit the Escalade thing...this is a different thread and I clearly say its just an F150....hopefully Lincoln can prove different.

Playdrv4me
06-13-04, 03:05 PM
I agree, I dont think anyone disagrees its just a gussied up F150, but it will probably have some specific drivetrain and performance differences that you wont be able to get on the F150 no matter what. It will also most likely follow the Navigators design theme in the interior, which is completely different from the F150. Nonetheless, the Lincoln Blackwood was pretty much a failure, so this one will have to work pretty hard to right that wrong.

Msilva954
06-13-04, 04:25 PM
http://trucks.about.com/library/graphics/mark_lt_instrument.jpg
http://trucks.about.com/library/graphics/mark_lt_rightside.jpg

Some Navigator themes on the outside.....though beside better leather it stays the same. Im almost 100% positive it will have the 3valve 5.4 and the "new" 7-series BMW 6 speed Transmission. It may also be tuned for premium...therefor about 320-330hp.

Ralph
06-13-04, 06:28 PM
I agree, I dont think anyone disagrees its just a gussied up F150, but it will probably have some specific drivetrain and performance differences that you wont be able to get on the F150 no matter what. It will also most likely follow the Navigators design theme in the interior, which is completely different from the F150. Nonetheless, the Lincoln Blackwood was pretty much a failure, so this one will have to work pretty hard to right that wrong.
Why did the Blackwood fail Ian? I haven't read much about it but the only thing I can think of is that no one wanted to pay that much for a loaded truck that was not full-sized? Since there were only something like 859 of then made, I bet they are quite collectable.

Ralph
06-13-04, 06:30 PM
http://trucks.about.com/library/graphics/mark_lt_instrument.jpg
http://trucks.about.com/library/graphics/mark_lt_rightside.jpg

Some Navigator themes on the outside.....though beside better leather it stays the same. Im almost 100% positive it will have the 3valve 5.4 and the "new" 7-series BMW 6 speed Transmission. It may also be tuned for premium...therefor about 320-330hp.

Love the interior, but the exterior will have to grow on me for a while. ;) I just FINALLY accepted the CTS! :shhh:

Randy_W
06-13-04, 10:51 PM
Randy, what happend to being a American car fan....now im a Ford fan??? If you even read my post you would relize it says "looks great even though it is just an F150 w/amenities(yukon/Escalade)." And hopefully it will have a different drivetrain (6sp), still more then the Escalade/Yukon.

Im done/wit the Escalade thing...this is a different thread and I clearly say its just an F150....hopefully Lincoln can prove different.
I wasn't talking about you, or anyone who had posted in this particular thread!
Sorry if you took it to mean you, I was actually refering to a previous thread where the quoted remark was made.;)

Msilva954
06-14-04, 07:35 AM
I didnt take it mean.........I took it laughingly...its ok.:)

rollerz70
06-14-04, 07:20 PM
The Blackwood was a bust for Lincoln. I looked at one at a dealership one day, when they first came out. The inside was very nice I do have to say, but why make a truck that you can't even use as a truck? Have you ever seen inside the bed of one of those things? They were lined with velvet and had woodgrain features! Come on, who'd really put some dirt or rocks, or even wood on that? I'm sure that they learned their lesson on that one though.