: vogue tyre imitators

lev
06-09-03, 09:45 PM
I am looking for some tires that are like Vogue, with white inner stripe and yellow outer stripe.
My search on the internet was fruitless.
Can anybody help?

lux hauler
06-16-03, 07:26 PM
I would think that someone does but I couldn't find anything.
You might try calling the Tire Rack. They might know.

catbert
06-20-03, 10:31 PM
I am looking for some tires that are like Vogue, with white inner stripe and yellow outer stripe.
My search on the internet was fruitless.
Can anybody help?

Now for the obvious question - why don't you get Vogues?

lev
06-21-03, 06:08 PM
Now for the obvious question - why don't you get Vogues?

Because I've read somewhere either here or on gmforums.com that they're cheap-ass tires with a $400 yellow stripe drawn on them. They do not last long, that I know for a fact. Got my '94 with Vogues. In a little more than a year they were all worn out and didn't grip for crap. The cheap-ass tire comment is based on that observation.

I have very good 80000 mile tires on my car now, but they just do not look good. I want both looks and durability.

catbert
06-21-03, 07:59 PM
Because I've read somewhere either here or on gmforums.com that they're cheap-ass tires with a $400 yellow stripe drawn on them. They do not last long, that I know for a fact. Got my '94 with Vogues. In a little more than a year they were all worn out and didn't grip for crap. The cheap-ass tire comment is based on that observation.

I have very good 80000 mile tires on my car now, but they just do not look good. I want both looks and durability.

You will get no arguement from me on Vogues. I'd never use them in this day and age on a modern performance car. They were "hot" back in Chicago on double padded top, gold emblem El Dorados when I was a kid, and I don't think they have gotten any better since. They are definately a street cruising "tyre." :rolling:

BeelzeBob
06-23-03, 08:47 AM
This doesn't have anything to do with "Cadillac" in general so I'm moving it into the lounge...

lev
12-25-04, 12:06 PM
In a little more than a year they were all worn out and didn't grip for crap. The cheap-ass tire comment is based on that observation.

Of course at the time I didn't know that you were supposed to ROTATE :mad: your damn tires.

majax
12-25-04, 12:14 PM
Thats a big reason they wore out :banghead:

Jesda
12-25-04, 05:45 PM
Someone tell the Michelin boys to paint some stripes.

Spock
12-25-04, 06:55 PM
Less vogue, more cowbell! :halo:

majax
12-25-04, 07:37 PM
I have found it difficult just to find white wall tires.

Msilva954
12-25-04, 07:43 PM
Tell me bout it......ive got some white wall Michelens in the garage but couldnt stand the small line....ended up finding some great Vogue tyres for cheap...but the local cad dealer wants 225 apiece and thats for 15"'s

Sandy
12-25-04, 11:03 PM
What you're looking for ain't out there!
VOGUE has patented their design as a trademark! (That being the patterned raised "V" on the whitewall surrounded by the gold stripe.
I have them on my 60 Special. They are a very good boulvard crusing tire. They are NOT a performance tire, not even close. Mentally recall WHERE they were first applied! Fleetwoods, Fleetwood Broughams, Sixty Specials and Eldorados & Sevilles of the 70s, 80s and 90s.
I do understand that Vogue has come out with a High Performance Touring tire. They come in solid black, or black with a pencil-thin gold stripe (on the black - as in NO WW). It's on their site.

Msilva954
12-26-04, 08:33 AM
Also I think im taking mine to the local dealer this week.......only 2 months after ownership they seem to be cracking.....called vogue and he said its not normal.

cardio-doc
12-26-04, 09:23 AM
Imitation Vogues are a mistake. Quality issues are a thing of the past. The lastest "IX" Tyres (started being produced fall 2003) are manufactured by Goodyear and are excellent.

Imitation Vogues are tires that are literally cut apart. DANGEROUS

Old Vogues might be a big headache.

If you want that distinctive look - get a new set of Vogues.

FYI - right here at $710/set plus $70/shipping.

~Doc

juiceE
12-27-04, 11:09 AM
i seen some imitations b/4, but it was the yellow stripe 1st near the rim, an the white wall 2nd lol