: No Fold-Down Rear seat on V

CopperSunburstCTS
08-24-08, 06:39 PM
Looks like there is not going to be a fold down rear seat either standard or available on the V. That makes no sense, unless there are critical chasis reinforcements going thru the rear seat back area necessary for the V, otherwise why take that one VERY practical feature out??!!! I had convinced myself the 4 door V is the way to go as the daily driver rather that waiting for the Coupe (because I had gotten used to the practicality of 4 doors and fold down rear seat of my 03 CTS, now this dissapointment. First it's the lack of many (any) exciting and colorfull medium metallic colors, now it's this. I used that fold down rear seat a lot, it's a great feature on any daily driver car, at least for me it was. It's always something :/ Now the impracticality, but hot profile styling of the Coupe may make more sense.

I am also hoping the Recaro seats, with the inflatable bolsters in their most flattened position, are more comfortable and have foam density that allows u to sink in a bit and mold to your body instead of sitting flat on "top" of the seats like the standard CTS seats. A relative lot of people on the regular CTS forum have mentioned uncomfortable seats, as well as a review in one of the auto mags. Of course my dealer says his allocation of V's is almost sold out already, so i doubt, at least initially, there wil be a car with the Recaros for me to sit in until the initial supply gets out there.

lawfive
08-24-08, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. I looked all over for a fold down release. :disappointed:

Jpjr
08-24-08, 09:40 PM
No fold down seat may suck, but is that honestly a game changer for anyone? Chysler makes a great minivan as a practical alternative! :)

(just kidding around)

RightTurn
08-24-08, 10:00 PM
Well, that tears it. No V for me.

lawfive
08-24-08, 10:10 PM
lollers...

NormV
08-24-08, 10:34 PM
Want to haul ass and the goods...no can do. I am sure there is a will there is a way. Don't think the rear seat back will be an integrial part of the body. You'd be the first!

Norm

lawfive
08-24-08, 10:54 PM
No fold down seat may suck, but is that honestly a game changer for anyone?

Well, that tears it. No V for me.

:histeric:

There have been times when those V1 fold down seats have been a life saver. I'd definitely miss it in the new V, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

vperl
08-25-08, 12:02 AM
Any one know what the allocations for the CTS-V are?

Many of the Dealers are not being allocated as of this date when the vehicle is built. To top it off the dealers are going to, if I read between the lines when you ask them about pricing, they want .... probably 80-85K .

GM one would think would build as many of these as they can if they can get them sold, or have people pre-order extra vehicles. Nissan dealers are getting 20-30 K, over sticker for the GT-R.

They could sell easily 5 thousand cars, but they have limited it to about 1800 in the U.S. . Will GM do the same for the CTS-V ? People I know will move on to another vehicle if that happens to this car also.

RightTurn
08-25-08, 12:18 AM
Hello vperl and :welcome: You will find that a forum vendor, Cadillac Tony, is offering $599 BELOW MSRP for the '09 V. I don't know what his allocation is, but you can check further down the board for the info. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/129973-order-your-cts-v-below-msrp.html

vperl
08-25-08, 12:42 AM
Neverr heard what the MSRP is, does anyone know.... I was told by a salesperson a tad over 80K.

Hope that is not correct, my budget has to include the warranty, probably 6K
or so

GM can keep it, I'll get a scooter.

terminal Velocity
08-25-08, 12:50 AM
No one really needs a fold down rear seat. You can fit race tires in the backseat and your tools in the trunk. No problems there...

RightTurn
08-25-08, 12:53 AM
Neverr heard what the MSRP is, does anyone know.... I was told by a salesperson a tad over 80K.

Hope that is not correct, my budget has to include the warranty, probably 6K
or so

GM can keep it, I'll get a scooter.

MSRP not released yet :mystery: The general concensus is between $65-70k, but that's speculation at this point.

V-Love
08-25-08, 01:06 AM
No one really needs a fold down rear seat. You can fit race tires in the backseat and your tools in the trunk. No problems there...

Its great for naps at the track. Pretty comortable too when the bucket is removed. I need naps.

terminal Velocity
08-25-08, 01:11 AM
Give me a pillow and recline the driver's seat, or the passenger seat for more room, and I get all the sleep I ever need in the car...

urbanski
08-25-08, 06:59 AM
:gtr:

CIWS
08-25-08, 08:32 AM
There have been times when those V1 fold down seats have been a life saver. I'd definitely miss it in the new V, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

They were nice in the CTS-V, but they are also not in the STS-V. Just a pass through behind the fold down armrest. Just one of those things you accept for having the car. Not a big deal as I was able to fit my new 40" TV box and all in the back seat of the STS-V.

jweymar
08-26-08, 08:58 AM
I must have a fold down seat, only way to fit in my surfboard.

atdeneve
08-26-08, 10:23 AM
Surf s'up. :thumbsup:

terminal Velocity
08-26-08, 11:34 AM
I must have a fold down seat, only way to fit in my surfboard.http://www.shorelinesurf.com/surf-racks.htm

Rich H
08-26-08, 02:45 PM
Enexcuseable not to have a fold down rear seat as an option. I would gladly give up 10 "velvet" covered steering wheels for 2 fold down seats in the rear. I have actually carried a new front bumper (very long but light polyurethane) in my 04 V to/from a paint shop.

clubho
05-06-09, 07:10 PM
Enexcuseable not to have a fold down rear seat as an option. I would gladly give up 10 "velvet" covered steering wheels for 2 fold down seats in the rear. I have actually carried a new front bumper (very long but light polyurethane) in my 04 V to/from a paint shop.

so instead of whining...who's done something about it? Is there a mod out there anyone? I traded in my 05v for the 09v and was disappointed that the seats don't fold down...of course i like peelin out with out whell hop even more...

Also, my front seats rock and it is very annoying there was a TSB for washers or something like that the dealer did but it did not help. Anyone know what gives?

vperl
05-07-09, 02:22 AM
so instead of whining...who's done something about it? Is there a mod out there anyone? I traded in my 05v for the 09v and was disappointed that the seats don't fold down...of course i like peelin out with out whell hop even more...

Also, my front seats rock and it is very annoying there was a TSB for washers or something like that the dealer did but it did not help. Anyone know what gives?

The guys here whine like old ladies, and most have the same knowledge.

read in this thread they whine about fold down, colors and the weather

cts-me
05-07-09, 02:29 AM
Now does it make you a hypocrite for whining about their whining?:histeric:

vperl
05-07-09, 10:07 AM
Now does it make you a hypocrite for whining about their whining?:histeric:

Actually making and observation about posts like yours is not whining, it is merly an observation of you. Thanyou for my
proof.

Krug Ford
05-07-09, 01:13 PM
Hello vperl and :welcome: You will find that a forum vendor, Cadillac Tony, is offering $599 BELOW MSRP for the '09 V. I don't know what his allocation is, but you can check further down the board for the info. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/129973-order-your-cts-v-below-msrp.html

I am knocking off anywhere up to 5500.00 off MSRP

neuronbob
05-07-09, 04:03 PM
The same whining was made about Acura. I owned two TLs (2nd and 3rd gen) and the 2nd gen RL. Their seats don't fold down, either, unlike their downmarket compatriot, the Accord. The whining was mighty with each release but people bought them anyway. It's the same with the V and the plain-jane CTS.

My answer is....that's what I have a Pilot for--to haul stuff. :) Thankfully, I can afford both.

vperl
05-07-09, 05:28 PM
The same whining was made about Acura. I owned two TLs (2nd and 3rd gen) and the 2nd gen RL. Their seats don't fold down, either, unlike their downmarket compatriot, the Accord. The whining was mighty with each release but people bought them anyway. It's the same with the V and the plain-jane CTS.

My answer is....that's what I have a Pilot for--to haul stuff. :) Thankfully, I can afford both.

I have a neighbor with two pick-ups.....

Cheaper....

vperl
05-07-09, 05:31 PM
I am knocking off anywhere up to 5500.00 off MSRP

An bamma rebate, how nice....

Scott, still no carpet cleaner, but I do still thank you for the free pig

razl
05-08-09, 10:54 AM
An bamma rebate, how nice....

If by that you meant the part of the 2009 Porkulous bill which included tax rebates for new car purchases, it's capped - only vehicles under $49,500 qualify.

You can be forgiven for not knowing the details though, it's not like anyone in Congress or the Administration read it either. :stirpot:

Good write up here: http://niftyprediction.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-car-purchase-stimulus-explained.html

vperl
05-08-09, 04:57 PM
If by that you meant the part of the 2009 Porkulous bill which included tax rebates for new car purchases, it's capped - only vehicles under $49,500 qualify.

You can be forgiven for not knowing the details though, it's not like anyone in Congress or the Administration read it either. :stirpot:

Good write up here: http://niftyprediction.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-car-purchase-stimulus-explained.html

I just have been following the lead of our elected leadership, even though I know no one that voted for them..

Me bad

clubho
05-08-09, 07:30 PM
so this went from a seat conversation to politics and more whining...so to get us all back on track...has anyone looked into a mod that would fold down the seats...and second question...does anyone else have or fixed a problem with their front seats rocking/ feeling loose?

GMX322V S/C
05-08-09, 08:22 PM
My initial reaction when I heard that fold-down rear seats were out with the V was they probably did it for chassis stiffening. (Any merit to this?)

I have Recaros and they are solidly planted. This is a way outside shot, but one of our other cars had a "rocking" issue after the seat had been repaired after a rear-end collision; basically, they had to adjust the way the tilt adjustment mechanism's "teeth" meshed (they had to partially disassemble the seat to do this). Perhaps there's something similar going on with yours/others'?

ericpd
05-11-09, 07:23 PM
Would any of you like to take a guess as why there's no fold down rear seat option on the V? No,... well then try this on.

The V gets a healthy dose of added bracing to promote rigidity. One of the areas where they put this added bracing to help fight body flexing is area behind the rear seat. Sadly this added bracing makes the option mute. Remove the seat and you'll find that there's no hole there to push your lumber, surfboards, or the box containing your child's new bicycle through. Where the hole normally is on regular CTS has been filled up by a bunch of metal.

GMX322V S/C
05-12-09, 03:31 AM
Would any of you like to take a guess as why there's no fold down rear seat option on the V?Sure--oh, I already did, in my preceding post :)

demorgan59
05-12-09, 12:09 PM
GM was considering it at one point as this preproduction car shows. Probably got the ax for structural or NVH reduction issues. Just a guess.
http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/demorgan59/DE08Car047_390_01.jpg

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/demorgan59/DE08Car047_1133_01.jpg

clubho
05-13-09, 03:02 PM
well i guess that's that then. Thanks all for the good info in the last few posts