: Stuff on tinted window.............

Pete Benson
06-12-04, 08:17 PM
I just noticed some "gunk" on the inside surface of the rear window of my Fleetwood coupe. It looks and feels like the adhesive residue from some sort of sticker or plaque. The problem is that the window is tinted, so can anyone suggest something to get this stuff off without damaging the tint?? Any suggestions would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

JohnnyO
06-13-04, 02:18 PM
:coolgleam The tint is a plastic film, unless it's a spray-on (which is doubtful). Try either nail polish remover or Goo-Gone, I don't think that will hurt.

Rolex
06-17-04, 01:05 AM
You might try acetone or goo-gone in a very inconspicous place on the tint before slathering it all over. Most window cleaners like windex and a little elbow grease will take adhesive off, and probably won't hurt your tint either.

hcvone
06-17-04, 07:25 AM
Do not use Windex on tinted (aftermarket) windows, use a product like Stoner Invisible Glass, that is safe for aftermarket tinted windows

Rolex
06-28-04, 03:41 PM
Did an experiment this weekend and used Goof Off to remove sticker from aftermarket tint with no problem. Hope that helps.

Pete Benson
06-30-04, 08:11 PM
Thanks again to all who replied to my question. This last weekend I tried using Oops! (exactly the same as Goof Off) on a piece of cotton and it worked like a charm.