: trans leak from a 4-80

sal lagala
08-24-08, 11:08 AM
[SIZE="3"] maybe someone can help...I have trans oil leaking from the area around the front left wheel . the trans runs great but its really dripping out when i start the car aand more when i drive it..i removed the left front wheel and started the engine .its dripping but it s not coming from the top area, it seems to be around the area where ther are hoses and lines. Are ther trans lines in that area? that have a tendencey to leak? the caddy is a 2003 deville with 94,000 on it ...i hope i dont have to go for 3000.00 for a new trans...please help

tateos
08-25-08, 12:26 PM
There are cooler lines there, but you are the one that's going to have to look for the leak

AJxtcman
08-25-08, 04:55 PM
[SIZE="3"] maybe someone can help...I have trans oil leaking from the area around the front left wheel . the trans runs great but its really dripping out when i start the car aand more when i drive it..i removed the left front wheel and started the engine .its dripping but it s not coming from the top area, it seems to be around the area where ther are hoses and lines. Are ther trans lines in that area? that have a tendencey to leak? the caddy is a 2003 deville with 94,000 on it ...i hope i dont have to go for 3000.00 for a new trans...please help

The oil will be leaking out of the left axle seal. This is caused by a failed bushing in the trans. It will need a 3rd clutch housing and probably an over haul. I see the clutches in the 3rd clutch housing smoked a lot of the time.
GM has a new housing to fix the issue

sal lagala
08-25-08, 06:18 PM
just got the word from the caddy shop...your right the trans needs a overhaul, he told me i could have a new trans from the factory with the 100,000 mile warannty for 4500.00...man that kicked me hard...makes me not what to own these cars again....he told me there were lots of parts broken inside, it started to shudder when i would get on the gas. that and the leak spelled doom for me, and the caddy