: Recently moved to RP tranny fluid (concerns)

svtbolt2001
08-22-08, 01:16 PM
I recently made the switch because my car was extremely notchy going into first gear. RP fixed that issues, but may have caused another issue. Last night during a hard launch I think the clutch was slipping or something along those lines.

Has anyone else had issues with power to the ground after using an extra slick tranny fluid? Am i crazy? Maybe i had too many drinks. :cookoo:

dieselp
08-22-08, 01:31 PM
yes you are crazy that fluid has nothing to do with the clutch just lubes and cool tranny internals.

NormV
08-22-08, 01:32 PM
How black is your clutch fluid. Clean stuff would help. :) the RP deals with gear engagement not the clutch.

Mostly just the design of the pressure plate and the way fluid move throw out bearing. Better off replacing the way the trans and engine mate to get rid of it or just don't shift so fast. This is not a drag race car!

Ok, chicken little? :)

Norm

lollygagger8
08-22-08, 03:23 PM
Ya, take a look at your clutch fluid. If it's dirty you can try the turkey baister trick and take it out and replace with new brake fluid. Hopefully your clutch isn't slipping!!

CtsVrod
08-22-08, 03:25 PM
I just topped off my Clutch Fluid.... It was pretty low, It feels MUCH better now, It might just be the Placebo Effect, but Going into Reverse, and 1st seems alot easier

YoshiV
08-22-08, 03:31 PM
It's not the placebo effect...RP is good stuff, 2nd vechicle I have used it in...shifting action is much mo betta!

CTSV_510
08-22-08, 07:42 PM
I was going to change my transmission fluid today with the Amsoil ATF that I bought, but when I got under the car I saw that my left side cat is totally blocking the fill plug! :banghead:

I wasn't in the mood to start unbolting exhaust pieces, so I guess I'll save that for another day.