: Trouble Starting...

8yroldLacTrk
08-20-08, 09:02 PM
I have a 2000 Escalade with 169,000 miles on it. Runs great until it rains. Then I have problems with it starting. It turns over, starts but dies. After letting it sit for 2-3 hours, it starts right up and I have no problems with it for a while. This doesn't happen everytime it rains, but that's one common factor. I've had the fuel pump and assembly replaced, recent tune up. What could be causing this.

N0DIH
08-26-08, 05:01 PM
Any trouble codes? First step is to find them.

cadillac_al
08-27-08, 02:05 PM
Running bad in the rain is the classic symptom of failing spark plug wires. I don't know if the 2000 Escalade even has plug wires anymore. Checking for codes should still be the first step though.

N0DIH
09-02-08, 01:47 PM
Any codes?

It has them, but they are short. The trucks have the (supposedly) more robust coils.

I would look at the CTS/IAT. With a datalogger, when cold, they should match within a couple degrees of each other.

You can take the connectors of each and put in a resistor of the same value in each, one that matches room temp (there is a chart I know I have posted before, can be found easily on the net) and see if that clears it up.