: Bulletins

Jono
08-20-08, 12:08 PM
Can any tell me where I can find tech bulletins for the V at? Mine is in the shop due to some crappy shifting and I remember a bulletin about 1st and reverse synchronizers, which is the problem I have. Dumb thing doesn’t want to shift in reverse in the morning. Oh and when I turn the car off the motor shakes the car noticeable so I thought that maybe a motor mount going bad but they said that 6 speed cars do that but they would check. As always any help is much appreciated.

onebadcad
08-20-08, 12:11 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/index.php

CTSV_510
08-20-08, 12:28 PM
Oh and when I turn the car off the motor shakes the car noticeable so I thought that maybe a motor mount going bad but they said that 6 speed cars do that but they would check.

6 speed cars? The motor shakes when you turn off 6 speed cars?

Oh my god. Find a new dealer.

Regarding the TSBs - follow onebadcad's link to find them, and if you search the faq you will find the actualy PDFs

Jono
08-20-08, 12:45 PM
6 speed cars? The motor shakes when you turn off 6 speed cars?

Oh my god. Find a new dealer.

Regarding the TSBs - follow onebadcad's link to find them, and if you search the faq you will find the actualy PDFs

I looked at going to the other Cadillac dealer in town but I have heard some not great thingsabout them. I wanted to laugh when they told me all GM manual trans cars shacked when you turned them off. But they said they would look say I am hopeful but doubtful and the same time. If I would have known it would be this hard to find someone that I trusted to fix my car I would have stayed with the Corvette.

rand49er
08-20-08, 01:27 PM
... but they said that 6 speed cars do that ...If your dealer really said that, I'd tell them right to their face they're so full of horse$hit, their breath stinks. They are doing Cadillac a serious disservice. :annoyed:

CadzillaTN
08-20-08, 10:56 PM
fortunately I have 2 dealers in my town (same owner) and service levels are night and day. Unfortunately, the good dealer is across town, and the crappy dealer is literally about 1.5 miles from my house....#!#$#@$!